Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Nonsense, love seeing young lads have the personality and confidence to try something rather than always deferring to the seniors and playing safe
The shot was on so he rightfully went for it at 4-0 but if it was 0-0 then he would have passed :

One thing for sure though grealish and Mahrez can’t start together . Totally slows us down and even though Mahrez scored he is not a starter in the big games .

I'll probably be in a minority of one, but I rate Mahrez highly and would put him in our best eleven.

Excellent first touch, decent enough scoring record, and I think this will be his best season for us so far.

Two penalty misses, neither of which cost us anything overall, blotted his copy book.

My main disappointment today was Jack.
Gave the ball away a few times and that chance he had he should have kept the shot low.

To their credit, they worked the ball around a few times and managed a few wayward shots. Didn't seem to test Edison much
The essence of their game was simply to set up and try to stop us scoring, making it as difficult as possible to get through them. They never stopped pressing even in the last ten minutes. Seems a different kind of team to the ones that have turned up in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.