Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

According to the bbc we had 66% possession, it felt a lot more than that to me. Aside from 5 mins at the beginning and a bit at the end I don't remember Southampton touching the ball much. A good all round performance from us even though at times there were periods when the passing was a little frustrating, under hit or over hit. Bernado, Ake and Akanji were great, Foden and KDB good again and Cancelo, once he scored his goal was good too. Round of applause for all the Southampton fans making it all the way up here when there were no trains.
You're not counting how long the keeper was setting up their goal kicks

Be interesting to ask Pep how this team compares to his great Barca side with Xavi , Messi , Iniesta etc., i have watched both live and there is very little between them , the individual brilliance of Messi is probably the only difference.
Teams were always wary of coming to the Etihad but now we have added Haaland the opposition are shitting themselves , Southampton played some decent stuff but were just battered into submission by a relentless team of exceptional footballers.

I’ll go to work on Monday with a swagger and my saints colleagues will just be relieved we didn’t go double-digits on their asses. Everyone’s a winner!

We were the actual winners though.

They have 2 other CBs of similar or higher class. And main problem for Akanji for Dortmund was his game in the air, he was considered(and he probablyis - just we had not been tested on this thus far) mediocre to bad in headers and playing up in the air. But he was one of the best CBs in Bundesliga in pass accuracy, in stopping the defender accuracy as also in some other areas of passing and defending.
Immense at full back today, he's a big unit but moves like a Rolls Royce, incredibly impressive so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.