Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the selection of Cancelo for the United game, would hurt us. Usually Pep picks Walker against a team with pace. For some reason, he didn't here.
Also, I don't think he can play, KDB and Gundo together. Gundo shines when Kev is not playing and vice versa. I am sure you could pick games to prove me wrong but it feels wrong to me.
Foden has to get more game time and for now that will be mostly on either wing. Peps problems have come with a fully fit squad. Also I think that because we have become a team of less risk taking we are not seeing the best of the greatest risk taker we have ever seen at City, Kevin. He always trys the difficult pass and looks bad when it doesn't, come off. I don't know rhe answer to that.
My team for thus game would be
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Stones
Cancelo
KDB
Rodri
Bernado
Mahrez
Aguero
Foden

Not sure if Kun is ready but give him a start.

I thought that the selection of Cancelo for the United game, would hurt us. Usually Pep picks Walker against a team with pace. For some reason, he didn't here.

Cancelo was MOTM in the previous derby, wasn't he? He played in midfield and we dominated. He definitely played well, so it wasn't that unusual.

Aguero will start Wednesday for me as Jesus needs a rest, Foden for Sterling. Gundogan over KDB with Bernardo starting and Fernandinho for Rodri who looked knackered yesterday. I don’t think many of you appreciated how cut up and heavy the pitch was yesterday, it’s not been ideal playing so many home games on the spin on it.

Think this one will be quite difficult. They play a press that has unsettled us a few times. We’ve beaten them narrowly a few times and we had that shocker away last season. Really need to be on it early and take our chances.

Pep is as stubborn as a mule. Expect the same eleven which started against Manure. A more responsive manager would rest KDB, Sterling and Jesus, but sadly Pep won't. Incidentally, why are so many posters dropping Stones rather than resting Dias?

Pep is as stubborn as a mule. Expect the same eleven which started against Manure. A more responsive manager would rest KDB, Sterling and Jesus, but sadly Pep won't. Incidentally, why are so many posters dropping Stones rather than resting Dias?
So did Wlaker not play in that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.