Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Zinchenko is playing reasonably well, compared to other left backs such as Robertson, Digne, Tierney, Chilwell even Fatty then I can't recall a goal that he has created. The ability to sprint past get to the byline and cross is not there.
It would be nice to have a team of artisans but unfortunately a couple of water carriers will always be required , i consider Zinchenko , Rodri , Walker , and maybe some others as the backbone or mainstay of the team to allow our artisans to rip teams to pieces. You mention Robertson which is correct he creates chances but that's because the Dippers have zero creativity in their team , Milner , Henderson, Wylnadham do not have a creative bone in their bodies , we have half a dozen players who could open a tin of sardines from 20 yards.

I have a good feeling about this game. When we lost in the Centurions season, the next game was Liverpool in the Champs League and although we ended up getting beaten, the performance (before getting completely dicked by the ref) was fantastic. We then caned Spurs 2 or 3 days later. I think mentality-wise, this is going to be one we try and get back immediately.

I am hoping we get back on it, think Kev will play again so I would bring Bernie in for Gundo for more energy (harsh as Gundo has been brilliant). Would also bring Foden in for Raz as he needs a rest or a reset. Other than that I would go with the same team

N
It's not his brief. Even Cancelo doesn't go to the byline.

Zin is asked to create the join in midfield and does it brilliantly.
Note how Dan James sprinted straight toward zinch on Sunday every time he got the ball, they knew how vital he was to our midfield and possession game, a big big compliment to zinchenko.

Even though Zinchenko is playing reasonably well, compared to other left backs such as Robertson, Digne, Tierney, Chilwell even Fatty then I can't recall a goal that he has created. The ability to sprint past get to the byline and cross is not there.
We have Mendy who is capable of that but Pep chooses not to play that way. Put any of those you just mentioned in our team and none of them would be doing the things you see them do for their team. Not every player is in there to create or score. Zinchenko has been doing what is asked of him to the highest standard for months now with no drop in quality at all.

It's not his brief. Even Cancelo doesn't go to the byline.

Zin is asked to create the join in midfield and does it brilliantly.
Yep. I did give credit to Zinchenko and agree it would be difficult to find someone with better link up play. So we have no need to be in the hunt for a new left back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.