Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow weather warning in place for England, and Wales, from 9 pm tomorrow.

75 MPH Winds.

Torrential rain.

Have only ever been at 1 City game in my entire life that was abandoned at half time.

Players skidding in water all over the Pitch.

Can not remember who that game was against ?

Pretty sure it was the old Division 1 ?

I keep thinking it was Swindon ,or Plymouth.
K.O at 6pm so we should be ok.

75 MPH Winds.

Torrential rain.

Have only ever been at 1 City game in my entire life that was abandoned at half time.

thankfully it kicks off at 6pm eh.........

I once flew down to watch City play at Southampton back in the day, on one of those Prop Planes.

Honestly thought i was going to die that Day.

Plane being bounced all over the show by seriously high winds.

Not going to lie i was scared to fucking death, and i am a frequent flyer, the others on board said afterwards that they were to. In the Movies everyone would be screaming, in real life you could have head a pin drop on that Plane that day.

Never been on a Prop Plane since, and never would.

Hope we smash the fuckers tomorrow.

This is the kind of point that sounds clever until you realise Kevin De Bruyne played in 17 of the 28 matches we went unbeaten.

And then when you remember that, you realise it's complete and utter horseshit.

Ask absolutely any City fan when Pep "evolved the team" and the only answer I 100% guarantee you won't get is "After we beat Aston Villa 2-0 for our 10th consecutive victory and went top of the Premier League and KDB was injured".
The De Bruyne over the last 3 games can’t string 2 passes together and has enabled teams to cut us open at ease. The 21 run did include Kev but since his injury Bernie, Gundo, Rodri and Phil have performed better as a unit.

No one is doubting his quality but over the course of this season we have seen the team evolve into a more stable unit both in attack and defence. His high risk passing is leaving us vulnerable to the counter and has disrupted our rhythm leading to a disjointed team.

The frailties have returned. Collective effort over the individual imo.

Full strength for this game and Fulham, which means Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko, Rodri, Bernardo, Gundogan, Sterling, Jesus, Foden.

Wait for Gladbach before ringing the changes and bringing in Laporte, Walker, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Torres, Mahrez and Aguero.

Will that happen? Will it fuck.

The De Bruyne over the last 3 games can’t string 2 passes together and has enabled teams to cut us open at ease. The 21 run did include Kev but since his injury Bernie, Gundo, Rodri and Phil have performed better as a unit.

No one is doubting his quality but over the course of this season we have seen the team evolve into a more stable unit both in attack and defence. His high risk passing is leaving us vulnerable to the counter and has disrupted our rhythm leading to a disjointed team.

The frailties have returned. Collective effort over the individual imo.

Just so I've got this clear you are now abandoning the theory that we started playing well and looking unbeatable when Guardiola evolved this side to play without De Bruyne?

IMO The best football we have played in the past 4 weeks was the second half of the Wolves game and KDB was a big part of it. We played at 100%, created 7 or 8 big chances and scored 3 in a 15 minute blitz that brought back the memories of us at our absolute peak in 2018. We weren't great against Monchengladbach, or Sheffield United or Everton or Burnley. We were good at Anfield although the quality of the opposition does look a lot weaker.

Yeah he is a bit rusty but do you know whats not going to fix that? Benching him.

Unless there is some sort of injury problem, he will play tomorrow and he will be better for it, and we will be closer to having an in form Kevin De Bruyne, the best midfielder on the planet, back. Its up to Pep to make sure there's enough in form players around him to still win while he gets his match sharpness back.

75 MPH Winds.

Torrential rain.

* Apparently it was Ipswich Town.

Cheers Bluemoon.

Ipswich at Maine rd
Sunderland and DMG at the Etihad both postponed for weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.