Southampton post match thread

Sad thing is I knew we would lose the match on Friday when MP started moaning, I think he knew it and the players also knew it.
I feel for the fans who wasted good money on that shit, the club should be utterly embarased.

I for one can't wait until Pellegrinis last day, he's fucking useless and should have been sacked at Christmas. This whole league campaign has been mismanged and abysmal since September.

I got discounted last minute tickets and still felt cheated, embarrassing apart from the kid!!!

Just out of interest, which part of the Code of Conduct says we have to be respectful to the manager and can only pass civil and constructive judgement on that position?
Decent behaviour,sensible debate and constructive criticism isn't confined to any one topic,its expected forum etiquette otherwise the site would quickly descend into chaos and become an internet joke,i'm sure you wouldn't want that? and can understand the reasoning? cheers.

For everyone saying the game on Wednesday is the biggest in the club's history - can you just qualify by saying that it's in your opinion. For me it isn't. If it was the final, then maybe. I'm sick to fucking death of being told that games in the CL are the biggest in our history. They fucking well aren't. The home game v PSG got the same fucking hype.

In my opinion, and I'm right, if we made the final then fair play, however the game on Wed is big, but nowhere fucking near the biggest in our history.

It's obvious that it is in people's opinion because the fact is that no game can safely be catergorised factually as the biggest in the club's history. I don't agree with your opinion that it is nowhere near being the biggest: this is a landmark occasion. Hopefully, UCL semi's will become a routine event for us but right now this is big news.

Players can and do play consecutive games close together but the science is quite clearly pervasive in major teams for a reason. This is not about hokey theorising; it's about the application of intelligent accepted fact.

Now you can choose to be happy with a City team full of players who are 80% recovered playing a Real Madrid that are near or at 100% recovered or you can prefer that City field a team that are pretty much 100% recovered. I think that for a UCL semi-final that is going to be very tough but remains for now delicately poised, the latter option is not unreasonable given the science and the possible reward.

I hear you mate, I really do and I've accepted my views are simplistic at best and no doubt wrong at worst.

That said, in life you have to push yourself and football is no different. Take Sturridge, a player who his own manager has come out and said he needs to earn to deal with a little pain, to play through it, to just get on with doing what he does and that's play football. Its a physical game, a contact sport and you get kicked and you take the knocks and sometimes, its impossible to carry on and play but for me, the majority of the times its a case of mentally being strong and saying I'm going to do this, I'm going to play and do my job.

The poster above named several sporting events, all gruelling and as much a test of the mind and mentality as they are fitness and those competing, do it with niggles, aches and pains but they do it.

Seems to me that the modern day footballer wants to be different and wants to cry off at any and every opportunity and unless !00%, doesn't often want to know and that's sad. given the money and the adulation they receive.

I'm an old fart mate, jumpers for goal posts etc etc ;-)

Still think that too many, Pep included as he is not a messiah and does lose games think far too much about the science of it instead of just getting on with it.

Simplistic? Possible and wrong too but for me, if you cant play twice a week IF required, as I'm not against rotation completely then something is wrong.

Totally agree but you need to management each individual to their needs.

Joe Hart could play 6 games a week if required and some of our players play twice a week without any issues.

VK , YAYA in the past two seasons, Kun etc I am sure cannot.

Hart - will be no 2 when Pep comes, one tip onto the bar, apart from that was found wanting and indecisive when called upon for the rest of the game. the moment a serious challenger is bought, he will hand in a transfer request
Kolarov - Gotta go, Worse game ever! Uninterested has to go
Mangala - can stay and may improve, had one of his best games, made plenty of tackles, only thing he didn't do was flatten that twat Long! Agreed he stays
Otamendi - unsure , no leadership qualities but made a few good interceptions needs to take more control of situations. Future is in central midfield stays
Zabaleta - good bye and thanks for the past service, Yes his legs have gone. Future is in central midfield stays
Delph - Gotta go - how many times did he get caught out doing his one and only trick? Woeful goes
Fernandinho - can stay , just didn't have his best day Stays and covers central defence and right back stays
Sterling - can fuck right off, what a waste of money - passing the ball back and diving was not what we bought him for! Will come on in leaps and bounds under Pep Stays
Nasri - can stay (if he loses the weight) was not his best but one man doesn't make a midfield. Will stay for one more season stays
Kelechi - must keep hold of him, bright spark all game, only one prepared to run at players and actually shoot, also showed great appreciation to the support - class act! THE FUTURE
Bony - can fuck right off too along with his other fat lazy twat compatriot, lazy, 3 stone overweight, can't even get off the ground for a header - why did we ever buy him?????? Said he was the wrong player for us before we even bought him. Gone, so gone.

I think the motivational aspect is getting a bit more attention than it should. This was just a team that lacked class, confidence, form & automatisms. Those things were known beforehand, so the result was just what could've been expected.

I hear you mate, I really do and I've accepted my views are simplistic at best and no doubt wrong at worst.

That said, in life you have to push yourself and football is no different. Take Sturridge, a player who his own manager has come out and said he needs to earn to deal with a little pain, to play through it, to just get on with doing what he does and that's play football. Its a physical game, a contact sport and you get kicked and you take the knocks and sometimes, its impossible to carry on and play but for me, the majority of the times its a case of mentally being strong and saying I'm going to do this, I'm going to play and do my job.

The poster above named several sporting events, all gruelling and as much a test of the mind and mentality as they are fitness and those competing, do it with niggles, aches and pains but they do it.

Seems to me that the modern day footballer wants to be different and wants to cry off at any and every opportunity and unless !00%, doesn't often want to know and that's sad. given the money and the adulation they receive.

It was just over a decade ago Premier league clubs went to the England rugby set up to learn how to condition and train footballers properly. The game on the coaching side is full of pisshead, braindead yes men, on the mother of all gravy trains.

Decent behaviour,sensible debate and constructive criticism isn't confined to any one topic,its expected forum etiquette otherwise the site would quickly descend into chaos and become an internet joke,i'm sure you wouldn't want that? and can understand the reasoning? cheers.

That's what I thought.

He's so stubborn with his tactics. He set the team up so open away from home against an in form Southampton side. Now I don't have a problem with him resting players but ffs at least change the formation based on the players available.

He knows how to do it since we've seen it against the rags and also against Real Madrid at home. He's abandoned the league for the champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.