Southampton Post Match Thread

I wish pep would say “I am so happy, I would like to thank the players, the back room staff, all the coaching staff, the fans, but most of I want to thank the red dippers for selling us Sterling!!! He’s top of the leagueee! Top of the leagueeeeee! Raheem Sterling he’s TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!”

Now that would be a good pep interview!

He could add who the fuck is this Jordon Ibe you speak of?

Never in doubt for me. I had a feeling we'd get one more chance and if it fell to Raz after his disallowed goal(which was a fecking peach) he'd put it away.

The finish however blew me away. We're watching a player evolve here.

On the downside for me is there's a pattern emerging with Gundogan. We just look shite with him in there. Every time he's played this season he's slowed us down to an ineffective mess. Southampton did a good job of nullifying our wide play which meant a few players had it upon them to take the space they were giving. Gundogan and Walker were f**king awful considering it was there for them to take all night. Otamendi did a better job stepping into those areas than both of them.

On the whole it's a bloody huge result. A win against for Arsenal against the rags and a win for us against West Ham and it'll be game over before we even play them in the derby.

Never felt more like singing the blues...
Gundoghan is struggling. Bad injury and he labouring a bit. Hopefully game time will get him going again but you are right - we carry him when he plays at the minute.

Worst performance of the season. Poor, slow passing with far too many misplaced passes and nowhere near enough pace in our play. Grateful thanks (again) to the late, late Sterling show.

The only good thing about tonight is we're safe!

Thought Otamendi was our best player. Every time he got the ball he had the courage to step into midfield and try to force them to move their fixed lines. Everyone else was too slow and predictable.

Flipping unbelievable goal by Sterling. To produce that at that moment is just incredible.
Agree he was good with the ball at his feet and a good attacking threat but he was all over the place defensively first half.

Not at fluent best tonight, sloppy at times.
But 3 points (definitely thought we'd dropped points tonight).
I celebrated with everyone else (except the early leavers lol) like it was QPR all over again : )
He's top of the league..

Anyone notice the big hit Kev took after he’d exchanged passes with Sterling for the goal. Big hit and he stayed down - hope he’s okay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.