Southampton Post Match Thread

Just got back from the match a little while ago and barely have a voice after the mayhem in the stands from Sterling’s goal (he ran to our corner in the celebration).

Have to say, that was probably the poorest we’ve played all season—and the most frustrated I’ve been with the opposition’s tactics—but we got there in the end and Raheem bailed us out yet again. I actually had been complaining about his (and other’s) lackadaisical display to a few lads around me for most of the match and then he went and did that.

I am very interested to see how Pep reacts to our performance and the need for player rotation when he puts out the team for the [demoralised] Hammers this weekend. Hopefully we won’t look quite so disjointed.

Onward and upward.

Last edited:
Couldn't quite see from far end of the East Stand whether Forster was fouled or not, got back to pub just before MotD came on thought we'd get a good look but they didn't even show the incident or talk about it which I found amazing. Talking to a lad who sits in family stand he didn't see a foul.
They showed the “foul” again in City Square after the match and everyone on stage (and all of us watching the close up replays) could not believe it was given as a foul.

The match was always going to be like that. Southampton set up in a way that even with Mendy, Sane and Silva playing we'd struggle.

It was anti football, and I don't say that often. 10 men behind is one thing, but the time wasting, foul baiting and sneaky aggression was depressing to see. The only way to negate this style tends to be when you score very early in a game.

Then again, it almost worked. Our defending on set pieces was awful tonight. They could have scored 3 or 4 that were harder to miss.

Tonight was a preview of the derby. Except I can't see them fluffing their lines from corners like Southampton did.

It's unusual, because prior to the Huddersfield game we've been impenetrable from set pieces.

Anyway, glad we won (obviously) and I can't see us having the same problems against West Ham. Hopefully we rest the players on 4 yellows though.

DP1VEe8W0AE-ytm

David Silva packing a fair bit there eh @karen7

Zoom in
Meh......;0)

They showed the “foul” again in City Square after the match and everyone on stage (and all of us watching the close up replays) could not believe it was given as a foul.

Thank fuck that didn't cost us two points.

That plus the Walker sending off for fuck all v Everton, being the only games we have dropped points, would be hard to take.

thought I'd take a look at a Southampton forum and they all have the fucking cheek to say they were robbed as it went a few seconds past 95 mins. I have no issue with parking the bus but to time waste from the first minute is pathetic.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.