Southampton Post Match Thread

Even 50% below our normal level we were still the better side.

Their time wasting was embarrassing but 5 minutes extra time and the goal were nothing more than they deserved.

We miss John. We miss leroy, and we really miss Spanish Dave. The fluency isn't there without them.

That said we still have enough to win games without them so it's not a massive concern.

That was great. Just home and buzzing. Not at our best but same given a rest and silva and 3 more points. Not seeing it at all with gundogan. Said it since day one.

Anyone notice the big hit Kev took after he’d exchanged passes with Sterling for the goal. Big hit and he stayed down - hope he’s okay.

He’s in the dressing room celebration photos and looks happy enough

Seven minutes of added time over the 90 and Soton must have been responsible for wasting six and a half of them. There is poetical justice that a team which has wasted so much time, blatantly wasting time over throw ins and goal kicks should concede int he manner they did. It's the clearest message to teams who come to the Etihad and are gross wasters of playing time - waste as much time as yer want, 'cos we'll fuckin' do you at the death! And how complicit was that Whistling Wanker? Why did Kompany get booked? For standing his ground it seemed to me! The fellow bounced off him! I can swallow the free kick 'cos those things seem to be the way we get reffed these days, but a yellow card for it. I thought Kompany looked incredulous! And was there a foul on the at time-wasting shitehawk Forster for our disallowed effort?

I thought they were an absolute fucking disgrace to football. Huddersfield had an excuse as all their players are shit (albeit they seemed to not do the same v Arsenal, so they can fuck off as well) but Southampton...

Ugly divey bus parking lumping timewasting fucking ****s.

We would only have ourselves to blame if we lost, team changes, shite defending, poor finishing, but irrrespective, Saints can fuck right off & take that **** of a ref with them.

Totally unimpressed by Gundogan. Facing backward time after time & a yard too late on most things.

Other than that, I can't think of a past City team who would have won that game.

It had fuckup written all over it.

What a boost & what a sickener for everyone else.

Ha.

Last time I schedule a doctor's appointment so near a prospective City match. Sterling caught me off guard. Keep it up!

Going to be a fair few of these tactical battles....

On a separate note I thought that Lemina was good for them.

Oh and poetic justice is a beautiful thing

Seven minutes of added time over the 90 and Soton must have been responsible for wasting six and a half of them. There is poetical justice that a team which has wasted so much time, blatantly wasting time over throw ins and goal kicks should concede int he manner they did. It's the clearest message to teams who come to the Etihad and are gross wasters of playing time - waste as much time as yer want, 'cos we'll fuckin' do you at the death! And how complicit was that Whistling Wanker? Why did Kompany get booked? For standing his ground it seemed to me! The fellow bounced off him! I can swallow the free kick 'cos those things seem to be the way we get reffed these days, but a yellow card for it. I thought Kompany looked incredulous! And was there a foul on the at time-wasting shitehawk Forster for our disallowed effort?
Couldn't quite see from far end of the East Stand whether Forster was fouled or not, got back to pub just before MotD came on thought we'd get a good look but they didn't even show the incident or talk about it which I found amazing. Talking to a lad who sits in family stand he didn't see a foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.