Southampton Post Match Thread

We need to tighten up on corners. They really should have scored twice last night and a free header in the second half too. This will be the rags only game plan.

Add this to the soft goal at Huddersfield.

Height is a problem but we have to find a solution. Two corners were needlessly given away by Otamendi last night when we could have dealt with the situation better in the first place. Not blaming him entirely but they were both very preventable and very nearly led to goals.

I'm not sure what happened defensively last night. Kompany was shite which meant Ota reverted back to that rash bastard we sometimes see. I thought he was excellent with the ball, but poor without it.

Generally we have defended set peices well but Southampton are a tall team and we looked really shaky.

The last 2 games both teams have literally defended their boxes and for large periods of the games played with 2 banks of 5.

I don't think we have been particularly poor, we have had a run of games and a combination of fatigue and playing against parked buses has seen us lose some of the spark.

Southampton are traditionally are footballing team with a more than decent squad.

Why the fuck they resorted to what they did last night is beyond me.
Without a doubt we are now the biggest scalp and any team now wants to become the fist to beat us ... under any circumstances.Unfortunately most Managers want to do it by hook or crook.

Thought the passing was awful and lazy last night some players look short of fitness and some look in need of a rest Walker, dinho,jesus,delph,kdb all need rest and gudongan,aguero,Bernardo need to sharpen up. Can't argue we wasn't value for the 3 points even if we was not at our best.

The last 2 games both teams have literally defended their boxes and for large periods of the games played with 2 banks of 5.

I don't think we have been particularly poor, we have had a run of games and a combination of fatigue and playing against parked buses has seen us lose some of the spark.

Southampton are traditionally are footballing team with a more than decent squad.

Why the fuck they resorted to what they did last night is beyond me.

I guess because they were dicked at Liverpool but it's still no excuse for the time wasting. We were vulnerable at the back and they could have exploited it last night with more intent. They chose not to even try.

Without a doubt we are now the biggest scalp and any team now wants to become the fist to beat us ... under any circumstances.Unfortunately most Managers want to do it by hook or crook.

Absolutely mate.

I'm more angry than normal because Southampton didn't need to play that way. They have quality players and imo should have approached the game differently.

I guess because they were dicked at Liverpool but it's still no excuse for the time wasting. We were vulnerable at the back and they could have exploited it last night with more intent. They chose not to even try.

Charlie Austen two great goals at the weekend, last night, dumped out, Shane Long up front (or midfield) so he can run round without the ball & they can boot it & he can run after it or head it for a throw in.

Pathetic.

Charlie Austen two great goals at the weekend, last night, dumped out, Shane Long up front (or midfield) so he can run round without the ball & they can boot it & he can run after it or head it for a throw in.

Pathetic.

It was and annoying too. I was looking round last night at 50,000 plus people freezing their nuts off who have paid good money to watch this, to then watch that level of time wasting affecting the game. They need to clamp down on this because it could ruin the game if teams keep doing it. 4 points for an away win might encourage a bit more adventure.

We were certainly vulnerable. Kompany was really really poor. It created an unease we haven't seen this season. He was done one on one twice, gave the ball away on a number of occasions and you can see his pace is suffering, he was dropping out of the line consistently.

It was and annoying too. I was looking round last night at 50,000 plus people freezing their nuts off who have paid good money to watch this, to then watch that level of time wasting affecting the game. They need to clamp down on this because it could ruin the game if teams keep doing it. 4 points for an away win might encourage a bit more adventure.

There were people watching that, around the world.

The way some in the media talk, it's like Southampton were a bunch of starving kids fighting off a family of bears.

They are 'elite' sportsmen earning fucking millions for providing 'entertainment'.

It was also a shit refereeing performance btw. Not really been talked about.

He let them get away with it and was actively supporting it I thought.

The less said about the disallowed goal the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.