Southampton Post Match Thread

They might have done, as the City defenders were all having a fucking nightmare. Or we might have scored 5. Itwould have made no difference to Southampton, to have tried to be 'solid' & score, rather than play that cynical, pathetic fucking shite.

They chose to play anti football, to a level we only used to see by non League sides in the FA Cup (because they didn't have the ability to do anything else) & whilst Huddersfield, who have a set of players wouldn't get in most PL teams reserves, have an excuse, Southampton, who have a decent squad, have no fucking excuse whatsoever.

They are receiving a shitload of money to produce a product which is broadcast around the world.

It's one thing being cautious & trying not to overcommit players, it's quite another, to turn up with the express intent of ruining a game of football.

Wankers.

I can't understand how some don't see it.

Southampton were a fucking disgrace to the game.

It was almost as if Raheem said to himself "So disallow my first goal would you? Well pick the bones out of THAT!"
If Forster hadn't played so well it would have been 4/5-1.
Buzzing!

we are now fighting for our 2nd wind its like a race and you hit the wall yes we are still winning but also in the last 3 games we could have draw all 3 and still unbeaten but its coming and when we get over it and find our 2nd wind its over for the rest in the premier league the big push for getting a unassailable lead is on and then we can push in the champions league its so management with pep and ever single game is planed out to a tee and the only down side is the injury list and its all down the left side and city look unbalanced at the moment

big moment last night for city and sterling he is now looking like a £50 million signing we all forget he is still so young and yet it feels like he's been here years so happy for him and what a way to put 2 fingers up to the knockers and the media magic moment like that are never forgotten they live on in the memory

I can't understand how some don't see it.

Southampton were a fucking disgrace to the game.

You can still defend, without resorting to that level of shite.

And if we look at the game realistically, are Sothampton playing like that because it's 'safe' ? Are they fuck. They know we will still create some chances & are hoping we miss them.

It's that simple. They are choosing to rely on us missing, rather than play a bit more open & rely on themselves scoring.

Utter fucking shite.

I swear some people watch a different game to me. Nathan Redmond was man marking Fernandinho for those last 15 minutes. He's a fucking striker! They had no intention of winning the game, the chances were set pieces.

And they were cheating, as well.

Vile c### got exactly what they deserved. Fuck all

They certainly conceded their normal chances to win by doing everything in their power to run the clock down or employ mass defence which as you say included a striker man marking one of our players.

They played for a draw and almost got one.

I still think that we should have scored more given the usual possession and accuracy stats but when the result just involves goals scored and those conceded perhaps time for us to concentrate on how to score because most teams don´t fancy competing at football with us so hopefully we regain our clinical scoring mentality quickly.

We need all our best ball players and retainers against the rags as we don't need to press the game, they need the win. We just need to keep possession and pass them to death and try to stop them gaining corners and free kicks where they can lump it in the box.

Spot on Paul

If we keep possession and make no silly mistakes, we will be able to create a few clear cut chances of our own.

Yes I know what you mean about tv saves. He annoyed me last night as I have seen him concede a few shockers lately.

The set pieces are a worry and especially against the rags, we are a small team in general that is the problem.

We need to tighten up on corners. They really should have scored twice last night and a free header in the second half too. This will be the rags only game plan.

Add this to the soft goal at Huddersfield.

Height is a problem but we have to find a solution. Two corners were needlessly given away by Otamendi last night when we could have dealt with the situation better in the first place. Not blaming him entirely but they were both very preventable and very nearly led to goals.

They certainly conceded their normal chances to win by doing everything in their power to run the clock down or employ mass defence which as you say included a striker man marking one of our players.

They played for a draw and almost got one.

I still think that we should have scored more given the usual possession and accuracy stats but when the result just involves goals scored and those conceded perhaps time for us to concentrate on how to score because most teams don´t fancy competing at football with us so hopefully we regain our clinical scoring mentality quickly.

The last 2 games both teams have literally defended their boxes and for large periods of the games played with 2 banks of 5.

I don't think we have been particularly poor, we have had a run of games and a combination of fatigue and playing against parked buses has seen us lose some of the spark.
You can still defend, without resorting to that level of shite.

And if we look at the game realistically, are Sothampton playing like that because it's 'safe' ? Are they fuck. They know we will still create some chances & are hoping we miss them.

It's that simple. They are choosing to rely on us missing, rather than play a bit more open & rely on themselves scoring.

Utter fucking shite.

Southampton are traditionally are footballing team with a more than decent squad.

Why the fuck they resorted to what they did last night is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.