Southampton v City- Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheltenham Paco said:
As this is the Southampton thread, just thought I'd call out to Blues to meet up before the game as we're all heading for Yates tomorrow, 200 yrds from train station. Our crew are mad for it!!

If it's the pub opposite one that looks like a church and is next to the Mayflower theatre, then I think it's called The Encore. Cheap and cheerful and not too far from ground.

Slug n Lettuce in the City Centre always used to be the away fans pub which is closer to the ground but not sure if that is still an option available to us or not.

Blue Til Death said:
Cheltenham Paco said:
As this is the Southampton thread, just thought I'd call out to Blues to meet up before the game as we're all heading for Yates tomorrow, 200 yrds from train station. Our crew are mad for it!!

Will be in there at 1pm sharp mate... see ya there!!

-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 am --

Cheltenham Paco said:

-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am --

Cheltenham Paco said:

Ooops computer lock.. must stop hitting the button when it does that... as the wife says..

In reply to ASmith's post re 92-yr-old George, if he is really your granddad, then am I the only Bluemooner to have seen him score 5 in a match?

Jmo2385 said:
Cheltenham Paco said:

If it's the pub opposite one that looks like a church and is next to the Mayflower theatre, then I think it's called The Encore. Cheap and cheerful and not too far from ground.

Slug n Lettuce in the City Centre always used to be the away fans pub which is closer to the ground but not sure if that is still an option available to us or not.

No, it's not the Encore, it is further on, just down from KFC on the corner and is actually called Yates (on Above Bar Street). Spoke to them earlier, they consider themselves as main away pub, so should be sound!<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am --<br /><br />
Jmo2385 said:
Cheltenham Paco said:

No, it's not the Encore, it is further on, just down from KFC on the corner and is actually called Yates (on Above Bar Street). Spoke to them earlier, they consider themselves as main away pub, so should be sound!

Cheltenham Paco said:
Jmo2385 said:
Cheltenham Paco said:

Jmo2385 said:

No, it's not the Encore, it is further on, just down from KFC on the corner and is actually called Yates (on Above Bar Street). Spoke to them earlier, they consider themselves as main away pub, so should be sound!

That's good, it's just that plenty I know have referred to Yates previously which is The Encore but with advertising that looks like Yates, so I thought I'd make sure you were going to the right place as I live down here. Yates is exactly what you'd expect from a Yates although not as cheap as most. Slug n Lettuce which is another away pub is a few doors along too so should be a cracking day out.

Have a safe trip and let's keep them crossed for 3 massive points tomorrow.

Where has the City morale gone? Why dont we get behind our boys again and be the fans that people used to talk about.
Some games are shocking at the moment, lets get the atmosphere back and give the players some encouragement

BlueBek said:
Where has the City morale gone? Why dont we get behind our boys again and be the fans that people used to talk about.
Some games are shocking at the moment, lets get the atmosphere back and give the players some encouragement

Here here.... I reckon it will be rockin tomorrow.. cant wait

Tomorrow needs to be our West Brom/Norwich from last season. My only worry is the evening KO which it's my perception that we never do well in.

Still hopefully Yaya on the bench, gives the yaya/kolo song a bit more of a punch. Good turnout, good stadium, a good 4 goals please!

fergal_oc said:
Tomorrow needs to be our West Brom/Norwich from last season. My only worry is the evening KO which it's my perception that we never do well in.

Still hopefully Yaya on the bench, gives the yaya/kolo song a bit more of a punch. Good turnout, good stadium, a good 4 goals please!

I agree, got a feeling it could be the start (proper) of out title defense.. Good win and rags dropping points will do me... they will choke when we start catching em again, just like they did last season

I just watched Roberto's pre-game press conference on MCFC.co.uk. and again the media are way off topic on so many points, and very little time was left to discuss the game. SSN's Cooper used most of his opening 5 minute allocation asking more silly questions.

He asked about Mario scoring for Milan, and RM answered he was worried because you hadn't talked about Mario.
He asked about will RM still be here next season, and RM was very cool answering "Why not".
He asked about lots of rumours about you, and RM answered it was nonsense.
He asked if RM had missed the Toure brothers and was he glad to see them back, and RM answered "Yes of course".

Roberto is very patient taking these silly questions, and Cooper doesn't seem to get the message even when others in the room groan. It's difficult to imagine SAF taking this sort of nonsense from SSN or anyone else, so why do City allow this to happen? I understand that part of the Sky TV deal includes their first five minutes monopoly, but why can't any club say to Sky directly "next time please send along someone better". Wouldn't it be great if papers / media employed real sports journos (instead of these gossip columnists)?

As fans we want to hear how we approach this game; Southampton were a surprise package earlier this season playing entertaining football, moving up the table into the safety zone, before they shabbily fired Nigel Adkins, and now they are in desperate straits back in the relegation zone.
Lets hope tomorrow will be the start of our strong campaign to reduce the points deficit at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.