Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert felt his team were worthy winners against the defending champions.

"I think it's our best performance (of the season)"

Lost count of how many times I've heard that from these teams after playing us, we've quite simply been unable to cope with being champions and that extra 20% teams give against you. We probably still haven't finished dropping points on the road either (Everton to come).

and dropping points at home too<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert felt his team were worthy winners against the defending champions.

Lost count of how many times I've heard that from these teams after playing us, we've quite simply been unable to cope with being champions and that extra 20% teams give against you. We probably still haven't finished dropping points on the road either (Everton to come).

and dropping points at home too

Easy to blame it on the summer and Marwood thought tbh big picture that has determined our season. Today - our established players weren't up for it - hart, Barry,
Ya ya, Nasri, dzeko and silva were all shocking. Today you would have thought everyone up for it.

knuckles said:
No pace, no pace, no pace (so lacking in pace I had to say it 3 times). That was sooooooooooo bad. One player seemed interested and that was Aguero, no one and i mean no one else seemed interested until Milner came on. Overrun in midfield, very poor at the back, Dzeko not interested -with that said a great goal that he scored. We could be in real trouble if it's not sorted really quickly, 4 points in front of chelski, 5 in front of tottinfrom WTF???????

The ONE thing we lack is pace.Our midfield is completely pedestrian.Agree that our defence were woeful,but how many times were our fullbacks isolated in 1 v 2 situations due to midfield players not being arsed at getting back and covering?

There was,however,something seriously lacking in that performance.Most of the players looked like they couldn't be bothered.To my eyes it appears that we have a deep rooted problem in the squad and most of them need to have a good look at themselves.Barry,Yaya,Lescott,Garcia,Dzeko,Silva just simply didn't step up to the plate today......and as for Nasri, fuck me sideways.

After the game I had to check the calandar because I seriously thought it had all been a dream and it was still 1998.So pissed off, I had my first cig for over 2 years

Disgruntled in Blackpool

The best teams in europe, ALL of them, have pace. Not us though. An over-the-hill full back in Maicon will do us.....

mcfcinprague said:
LoveCity said:

-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 pm --

LoveCity said:

Everton will torture us if we perform like we did today.

The next two at home a huge.

What a treat! I thought it was good of them today to show us what we've been missing for the last few years....kind of a nostalgia trip. Face it...we weren't winning the league before this game anyway, so it was a treat to see the old City for a change.

chris8910 said:
poor all round today, absolutely nothing went for us. gave the ball away more times than i can remember. they pressed and pressed us didn't stop until the final whistle, you would have thought they were fighting for the title tonight and we were in a relegation battle. anyway looking to the next game now...cant be any worse than today.....can it?
some people on here need their heads wobbling and remember where we have come from!!
we're going through a bad spell at the moment, every team does, every team looses to teams they wouldn't expect to in the season. unfortunately for us it couldn't have come at a worse time.
CTID!!!

Sick of hearing ' remember where we come from ' -Maine Road if i'm not mistaken.

Lets be positive and look to the future.

we had a shit game and mancini was right about what he said. many people have being saying it was mancinis fault but it was obviously the teams fault because they played shit and wasnt really up for it. some people may say that it would have been a different game if milner played and i completley agree. anyway, maybe this is the time glory supporters can piss off and support other teams. on the good side, city fans were really class, probably best ive heard any away fans sing this season in the bpl despite getting beat and that just shows us that we are THE best fans in the league. about 10% of our team came to applaud our fans which was a really shock tbf and that wasnt fair on our travelling fans. we need to start winning asap. hopefully we can win the fa cup, that way we'll have another trophy in the cabinet.
#together
In mancini we trust.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.