Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Doesn't take em long does it!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/southampton-v-manchester-city-match-1300621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ch-1300621</a>

Marvin said:
Hart dropping the ball at the forwards feet, Barry putting through his own net, what's that got to do with tactics?

Just wasn't our day, and one mistake compounded by another

Thought Clichy was magnificent. Some players like Yaya Toure, Barry just had really really poor games. But these players have been magnificent for two seasons now
^ And I thought I was alone!

Not sure any player merited pass marks this evening. We were simply deficient in every department and I just hope our failings don't detract from Southampton. They played with verve and were worthy winners.

Just got back in ..... watched it in the ParrsWood pub, alongside other depressed City fans ..... what a fuckin' shambles that was !

Right from the word go we never looked up for it , mistakes all over the place , and quite frankly , it was hard to pick out ANY City player who you could say had a good game ...... yet we really needed most , if not all , of the team to play well here.

We were all over the place , second to most balls , and other than the goal , I think we only managed to muster ONE other worthwhile shot in the entire ninety minutes.

I feel sorry for the 3,200 City fans who made the long trip , they deserve their money back ..... and Gareth Barry wants flogging for that own goal , how easy would that have been to put out of play????

And it was his fault the first goal occurred too ..

I don't quite know where Mancini gets his 10% chance from , but i'm telling you now .... the title's long gone !

That was an absolute disgrace , and the players won't need telling it either !

MSP said:
EaglesFan said:
bluebird113 said:
unbelievable own goal I swear he put that in on purpose

What I'm thinking now is - Roberto probably ripped him a new one at the half for the error on their first goal - and he went OVERBOARD so Barry said "fuck you too".

Could it be?

It was good finish, tbh, lol

Sorry guys, I can't be too bothered after this so I'm trying to laugh it.

You know it never occured to me that he might have done it deliberately. And I don't think he did. But you could be excused for thinking it, that's for sure. Quite the most bizarre own goal.

The only positive is that we looked better after changing to 3-5-2, if that's something we are looking to do in the future, we may as well stick with it for the rest of the season as before that, we were god awful. On the train at the moment, although only a couple of hours trip due to living down south. Some weird lady has her foot on my bloody foot and I'm too polite to kick it off.

michaeltex3 said:
we had a shit game and mancini was right about what he said. many people have being saying it was mancinis fault but it was obviously the teams fault because they played shit and wasnt really up for it. some people may say that it would have been a different game if milner played and i completley agree. anyway, maybe this is the time glory supporters can piss off and support other teams. on the good side, city fans were really class, probably best ive heard any away fans sing this season in the bpl despite getting beat and that just shows us that we are THE best fans in the league. about 10% of our team came to applaud our fans which was a really shock tbf and that wasnt fair on our travelling fans. we need to start winning asap. hopefully we can win the fa cup, that way we'll have another trophy in the cabinet.
#together
In mancini we trust.
CTID

Well said we will get better and stronger. Even the rag fans in the pub mentioned the City away fans class. We are here for the long term. Prior to two years ago, the last time I saw City win anything was 1971. With Mancini We have won the FA cup and the league. Why would anyone who had supported City through the bad times thing success would be easy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.