Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton were very unlucky tonight. They did a City where every single defensive error got punished.

I'd bring Clichy in if he's fit, and Negredo. I'd also bring Hart back in, but not because Pantillimon has had a bad game - he didn't. I just prefer Hart as a keeper.

Ruddles81 said:
My first ever trip to Southampton, football or otherwise.

What pub recommendations do people have? I've heard options limited near the ground, anything good in the city centre/station vicinity?

As for the game, it can't be any worse than last seasons horror show. Fingers crossed the winning and losing streaks of both teams is at 4 games apiece by 5pm Saturday.

How are you getting there?

A lot of people are starting at Soul Cellar near the civic centre, then you have Yates's and a few others nearby two minutes away on the High Street.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/soul-cellar-southampton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/soul-cellar-southampton</a>

owned by a Blue...

Bring em on, although for the first time I couldn't give a *#@* about the munich game, give it to the reserves and leave our best players on in this one. Great to see Captain Vinnie back playing tonight, hopefully we'll have Merlin back soon and I hear we're signing some fella called jovetic? titles ours, sorry pretenders.
good performance from the rags tonight btw, they're not gonna give up on that top 10 finish too easily.

------------------------Pants--------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany-Lescott----Clichy
----------------Yaya------Fernandinho------
----Silva------------Aguero------------Nasri
----------------------Negredo---------------------

Clearly MP rotated Negredo for Dzeko tonight and I think Joleon should come in for Dimi on Sat.
Toss up weather Jimmy Milner starts but if Merlin is fit lets go with all guns in the creativity department even if its only for 45 mins.
Jovotic to come on and score last 10?
Is that our best 11? - I like it!

Marvin said:
Southampton were very unlucky tonight. They did a City where every single defensive error got punished.

I'd bring Clichy in if he's fit, and Negredo. I'd also bring Hart back in, but not because Pantillimon has had a bad game - he didn't. I just prefer Hart as a keeper.

Still a very tough away game and one of toughest you can get. But you should follow villa plan. sit deep against them and hit them on the counter attack. They like to attack but leave spaces on the break.

still very tough away game and if you win be massive result for you

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:

Still a very tough away game and one of toughest you can get. But you should follow villa plan. sit deep against them and hit them on the counter attack. They like to attack but leave spaces on the break.

Watch the next 10-11 days, gooner-boy, we'll be breathing right down your necks, looking forward to playing the flying toffees at the weekend?

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:

We can win, and I'd just about expect to the way we are playing at the moment. But a point will do. Yes you'll probably be 8points clear then, but over 5 months, we'll claw that back. City are going to get better and better

For Bayern I'd play:

---------------------Hart---------------------
Richards------Demi--Lescott---Kolarov
------------------Garcia--Rodwell---------
Milner--------------Negredo--------Silva (For Fitness)
------------------------Dzeko--------------------

No need for Nasri, Kompany, Aguero or Navas.

I think who ever starts this weekend should get a during the midweek.

Although it got closer than I thought, happy that we succesfully rested Negredo, Clichy and Aguero and Nasri partly as well.

All guns blazing for Southampton

---------------------Pantilimon-------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany-Lescott----Clichy
--------------Yaya------Fernandinho------
Silva------------Negredo------------Nasri
--------------------Aguero---------------------

Given we can rest players at bayern I really wouldn't take off any key players unless we are 4-0 up or something ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.