Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnmc said:
Why the desperation for clichy to come back? Kolarov created a goal, and a couple of other good chances tonight. Wasn't really at fault for the goal more unlucky. I don't mind either of the two playing.
Clichy is better at keeping the ball under pressure, less likely to end up knocking it long than Aleks, plus its just some extra pace against a team that'll play at a high tempo.

Definitely got to be Gael. Kolarov offers more going forward but the key role of a defender is being able to defend and Aleks leaves us very vulnerable when teams counter attack. Garcia should be nowhere near this match too, just not good enough.

Bilboblue said:
Ruddles81 said:
My first ever trip to Southampton, football or otherwise.

What pub recommendations do people have? I've heard options limited near the ground, anything good in the city centre/station vicinity?

As for the game, it can't be any worse than last seasons horror show. Fingers crossed the winning and losing streaks of both teams is at 4 games apiece by 5pm Saturday.

How are you getting there?

A lot of people are starting at Soul Cellar near the civic centre, then you have Yates's and a few others nearby two minutes away on the High Street.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/soul-cellar-southampton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/soul-cellar-southampton</a>

owned by a Blue...

On the train so that could work well, cheers pal.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Definitely got to be Gael. Kolarov offers more going forward but the key role of a defender is being able to defend and Aleks leaves us very vulnerable when teams counter attack. Garcia should be nowhere near this match too, just not good enough.
Is Clichy fit?. Even in pre-season he was troubled with a back injury, and I think he's still dogged by injury. Doesn't look the same player to me.

I think Kolarov is underrated by City fans. He has a fantastic left foot. The only left back who can match his attacking ability is Baines, and he can not defend.

Tough tough game ahead.....

I know they have lost last night etc...but it was a freak result in terms of they did most things right and got hit by a couple of sucker punches ( we more than most know that can happen vs Villa ! ) .

They will want a response. The first goal is very important in this one.

They are strong in the air, especially by getting lambert in a one on one position against full backs. I personally think our full backs are not the best in the air and this is where we may come unstuck. So no giving away cheap free kicks and corners is a must.

Big game for the defend and Pants needs to be dominant on crosses.

Looking forward to it....

If we win this my giddyometer will be in overdrive leading up to the Arsenal match.

This is a tough game, but we are in better shape than last season and should win this.
If we do, then I can see our away form improving ten fold.

Richards will play 100% and Fernandinho will be on the bench because YAYA will not play against Bayern so Fernandinho will be rested for that game.

Pants, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Rodwell, Yaya, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Negredo.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Richards will play 100% and Fernandinho will be on the bench because YAYA will not play against Bayern so Fernandinho will be rested for that game.

Pants, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Rodwell, Yaya, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Negredo.

You are talking out of your arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.