Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
gooner2 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Watch the next 10-11 days, gooner-boy, we'll be breathing right down your necks, looking forward to playing the flying toffees at the weekend?

We both got tough games this weekend. Everton will be test for us at home and you got very tough game at southampton. So important weekend before big one next week.,
Arsenal will beat EFC easy. Arsenal coasted to win against Hull whilst EFC gave everything to beat Utd

I'm expecting a draw at Soton and a draw at home to Arsenal, but we'll catch them over the course of the season.

Think we win but they will give us game. they gave you a game even when they lost 3-1. So won,t be walkover for us. Think you have very tough away game at southampton . First goal will be key as i think southampton defence more open when they go behind compared to when they are leading. Whoever defends better in that game will come out on top. point their not awful result for any of the top teams.

If you then beat us your only five of us with us then to play chelsea. so draw for you lot their not the end of the world.

I still think we can edge you out over the whole season as we have better defence then you lot. But next few months will tell us a lot. key games coming up this month including the big one next week.

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
gooner2 said:
We both got tough games this weekend. Everton will be test for us at home and you got very tough game at southampton. So important weekend before big one next week.,
Arsenal will beat EFC easy. Arsenal coasted to win against Hull whilst EFC gave everything to beat Utd

I'm expecting a draw at Soton and a draw at home to Arsenal, but we'll catch them over the course of the season.

Think we win but they will give us game. they gave you a game even when they lost 3-1. So won,t be walkover for us. Think you have very tough away game at southampton . First goal will be key as i think southampton defence more open when they go behind compared to when they are leading. Whoever defends better in that game will come out on top. point their not awful result for any of the top teams.

If you then beat us your only five of us with us then to play chelsea. so draw for you lot their not the end of the world.

I still think we can edge you out over the whole season as we have better defence then you lot. But next few months will tell us a lot. key games coming up this month including the big one next week.

No you don't mate. You have a settled defence. We will see how good your defence is in 10 days time.
Prepare for carnage ;-)

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
gooner2 said:

what makes you think you have a good defence? your marking at corners? tottenscum thought they had a good defence too, you lot just haven't been tested yet.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
Marvin said:

No you don't mate. You have a settled defence. We will see how good your defence is in 10 days time.
Prepare for carnage ;-)

One goal let in seven matches shown we do. did not even need sagna fit. Only van persie scored against our defence since west brom away in early October.

But you will provide us defence with our toughest test since dortmund away their no doubt about it.

gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:

Prepare for carnage ;-)

One goal let in seven matches shown we do. did not even need sagna fit. Only van persie scored against our defence since west brom away in early October.

But you will provide us defence with our toughest test since dortmund away their no doubt about it.

Fact is you've let in 4 less than us. Not a lot of difference really and we've had gawd knows how many CB combinations.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Prepare for carnage ;-)

Fact is you've let in 4 less than us. Not a lot of difference really and we've had gawd knows how many CB combinations.

In europe we also let in only three goals to your eight. But its true that not having kompany fit for so long has hurt you at back. might have been same with us without per and lauren.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Prepare for carnage ;-)

you lot have let in 0.29 goals a game less, we've scored 1 goal a game more, what does that tell you?

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Definitely got to be Gael. Kolarov offers more going forward but the key role of a defender is being able to defend and Aleks leaves us very vulnerable when teams counter attack. Garcia should be nowhere near this match too, just not good enough.

It's essential that he's nowhere near this match. I remember last year (shudders) when he was played at centre-back and was truly shocking. Mind you everyone was shambolic that evening.

I just hope that Pelle shows some tactical astuteness to counter their high intensity pressing game a la Mourinho last weekend.

aguero93:20 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:

you lot have let in 0.29 goals a game less, we've scored 1 goal a game more, what does that tell you?

It tell me that you bomb forward more and better and are more out and out attacking but don,t do as well at defensive side of things as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.