Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because cunts can't wait to point score over the left or the right. The right hope he is a Muslim so they can bang their drum and so do the left so they can bang their drum back at the right. Everything now is made political, it's turned the internet to shite and this forum with it. Call it for what it is.

Some absolute **** has murdered 2 children. Perhaps more. I'm fucking done.
Twitter is a complete fucking cesspit tonight.

Devastated to see this happen today. Those of us who've had young kids (especially daughters) will know how excited they'll have been to go to a special taylor swift dance event, the girls organising it will have been excited for the kids, parents or guardians go to work smiling and then that happens. Heartbreaking.

I watch my back wherever I go. Have done for some time. I feel secure when me and mine are home. What a sad way to live.
There's always been stuff like this. Think back to footy hooligans in the 80s, the IRA, Hungerford, Dunblane, Catholic Priests, Huntley, Fred West, Saville and co. Its just that, with social media, and 24 hour news its now everpresent in the public conscious.

Unfortunate that some are using this as a point scoring exercise for the own personal political views, especially without the facts being known.

The commentary here should be about those who have lost their lives and those who are hurt etc.

I have to be honest, events like this give me extreme social anxiety. I’ve got two young children and I’m on edge when we’re in public places. I also worry about them at nursery because of nutters like this. Even reading about the idiots on the roads makes me concerned about the car journeys on days out. The missus thinks I worry too much but it’s hard not to when you just want to protect your children.
It's important to put things like this into perspective, the media is the prime reason why you're feeling anxiety and social media is what drives people to brim with hate and venom when things like this happen.

It's a very emotive topic because of the nature of the attack but thankfully it is extremely rare, the statistics do not support any reason to be really worried.

The murder rate in the UK just for example is fairly similar to the rest of Europe and is amongst the lowest in the world. It has grown recently but it hasn't grown much.

One question for everyone here who lives in the UK is - do you feel safe? As for about the last 10 years I certainly flipping don't and I can't see a solution that wouldn't either be called far right or far left.

I don’t comment often, but having not read the whole thread what I will say is the focus should be on the victims - as I live in the next road along from the incident and know several of the children and adults involved I think it’s important to keep this in mind - retribution and errors in wording will come in the next day or two - I know the outpouring of community support is completely focused on those affected with a huge amount of emotional out pouring which is still incredibly raw. Appreciate there are other avenues or aspects to pick over but surely the clear focus should be on the players incredibly young children who have lost their lives today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.