Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise for calling him a refugee, he's as British as you or I then. I've never been affected by the far right and they've certainly never made me change plans, these incidents this week possibly are going to.
I am a bit confused as to why you now have to apologise for calling someone a refugee. Is that now classified as a racist term. I have not read every post but I heard on the news he came over from Rwanda with his parents when he was 6. They did not announce the correct political terminology as to why they came as they probably thought it was not as big an issue as some on here clearly do. If they were not refugees were they economic migrants and given settled status. Are we allowed to use the term migrant or is that also derogatory.

I am a bit confused as to why you now have to apologise for calling someone a refugee. Is that now classified as a racist term. I have not read every post but I heard on the news he came over from Rwanda with his parents when he was 6. They did not announce the correct political terminology as to why they came as they probably thought it was not as big an issue as some on here clearly do. If they were not refugees were they economic migrants and given settled status. Are we allowed to use the term migrant or is that also derogatory.
I apologised as I'd obviously mislabelled him, which in today's world seems a terrible thing to do. Like I said yesterday we must skirt around subjects as to not offend.

According to some, Merseyside Police are lying and covering up that he's a Muslim terrorist, and an illegal immigrant at that. I mean, when the Manchester Arena bombing happened and the 7/7 attacks took place in London in 2005, the police proper covered up the background of the perpetrators to make it look like they weren't Islamic terrorists. Oh wait....
What amazed me yesterday was the the fact the Police were tight lipped about the whole thing for a good part of the day other than within about 5 minutes of arriving they were quite confident to announce they thought it was not a terrorist incident.

What amazed me yesterday was the the fact the Police were tight lipped about the whole thing for a good part of the day other than within about 5 minutes of arriving they were quite confident to announce they thought it was not a terrorist incident.
I'm on a loop here

Their words were 'not at this time'...is that difficult to grasp? Its not some underlying agenda. Give them a chance to investigate.

And they aren't 'tight lipped'-they dont give a running commentary to the public they will tell the public what they need to know.

The terms get deliberately muddled usually by the open borders brigade. Many of those arriving in Lorries and boats are not refugees in the accepted sense. Certain people are also now using the phrase “climate refugees” which could be stretched to cover almost anyone. Rich Western Countries have a massive problem on their hands and seem to have no idea what to do beyond kicking the can down the road and hoping for the best. In the UK the last Government was fucking useless and a big part of the problem, but on this issue I fear this Government will be even worse. We’re going to hell in a handcart but lots choose to deny it’s even happening.

But isn't it confirmed he was born in Cardiff and moved to the Stockport area at 6? - His parents are from Rwanda, but by all accounts he was born in the UK. So he is not a migrant. I'm the first generation of my family born in the UK too, I'm not a migrant.

If these are the facts then I don't think migration is really a big talking point in this case. Makes about as much sense as blaming the Welsh because he was born in Cardiff.

Who knows what his reason was. Obviously he's an evil ****. Is he just a lad with a screw loose? Was he radicalised by people? We don't really know yet but I don't think migration should be the focal point of this when it seems he was born and raised in the UK, just because his parents were from somewhere else.

There's certainly conversations needed about migration but it's not at all linked to this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.