Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
a very good post-the news channels, written press are all rats in a sack chasing clicks and views with no regard to what they are peddling (see airport incident/the awful, voyueristic nicola bulley coverage for that)-the public are manipulated by it as you say.

I'm all for a strong fourth estate holding people in power to account. Unfortunately in many ways we seem to have forsaken proper journalism for what we have now. 'Voyeuristic' is exactly the right word and it does us no credit at all.

The sooner we are all given a what you can and cannot say book without offending , the better. Have you noticed, it never seems to be the minorities who have a problem, it’s their unelected woke spokesperson ( carefully avoiding the word man) who cannot wait to attach a label and speak on their behalf.
This post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It comes across like you're exploiting this horrific act in Southport to spread your ideology. The mods will deal with you in time.

Almost too heartbroken to actually talk about the poor girls.

Some of the people on this thread need to seriously think about how they acquire information during a fast moving tragedy. Some of the media literacy and willingness to believe some of the worst far right shit stirrers on the internet with zero confirmation was quite worrying to see.
Sadly, it's the same every time incidents like this occur. People start speculating about the ethnicity or religion of the perpetrator before the facts emerge, and then start with the anti-immigration rhetoric. The actual victims almost quickly become an afterthought as political agendas take hold. It's depressingly predictable.

People blathering on about knife laws are missing the point. The evil twat who did this wouldn’t have been put off by any law changes unless kitchen knives and cutlery are banned.
Agreed, but it’s a topic that def needs addressing by our politicians and leaders-it is a real problem. But perhaps for later.

Agreed, but it’s a topic that def needs addressing by our politicians and leaders-it is a real problem. But perhaps for later.
Fully agree. Deserves its own thread but it’s not relevant to a psycho who wouldn’t think twice about knife law when he’s setting off to murder kids.

Migrant or not the migration problem is out of control no normal british person wants any more here they don’t respect our land when they are here and that’s just scratching the surface for another day and topic. What happened yesterday is absolutely despicable and if that was my daughter lying in the street full of blood and it was someone who did this because of political or religious views I think I’d be doing life in jail . I honestly hate this country right now
It was carried out by a Welshman.

I understand that but the amount of knife crime is out of hand.

It seems a lot of kids are just wondering around and when there is any trouble the blade comes out.

It's out of control and it must be made clear to the people carrying then it's unacceptable and if caught in possession of one, there will be serious consequences.

There are too many people walking around that simply don't give a *uck, all ages, all creeds and colours, it needs sorting.
How do you sort it though? The Police can get rough but that only works when there's enough of them but there aren't enough. The courts can get stricter but the courts exist for after something has happened in which case it's too late.

There is the core of the problem which are kids who are not being brought up properly in stable households. This comes down to complicated things like the parent's own upbringing and poverty. The countries with the highest levels of poverty tend to have the highest levels of violence and crime.

The US is a great example, it is a rich country but where it's poor it's really poor. Those areas also tend to be where the murders, gangs and worst of the crime happens. This isn't the 1900's anymore where everybody was poor, kids can now make a ton of money selling drugs and stealing etc.

We can get tougher on crime but that won't stop it, to stop it we need to attack it root and stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.