Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
This BBC reporting about Southport is shocking. Like they've never used a map before, it's not the other side of Mersey to Liverpool and neither is it on the estuary to it either. /rantover

Hoping everyone pulls through but they're now reporting negatively on that so not looking good.

It’s fucking mental world now, my daughters friends mum just told us a bloke tried their front door yesterday twice wouldn’t leave, police called he had a screwdriver and someone else’s passport and credit cards!

This is approaching the point in society when the police should be able to take these sort of characters out . If they see someone running around out of control do us all a favour and terminate them
They will do if they're still at risk of harming others but ideally they will want them alive. For a family member who may have to deal with the consequences, being able to get answers from the perpetrator can help them.

Always worth remembering that the Moors Murders, one of the most horrific incidents involving the murder of children, took place 60 years ago. The Dunblane massacre was nearly 30 years ago. This isn't a new phenomenon.
It's not

Sadly it's just as sickening every time when it involves kids. You can never get numb to that.

It feels like a terroristic attack. That’s not to say the murderer is a terrorist, but that the severity of the attack has created terror in the community, leading to people reflexively espousing the death penalty and beating him to death.

Rather, we should recognize how horrific, yet completely NON-NORMAL, this event is and then go on about our lives. Yes, we can, and should, feel sad for the child, their family and friends, but we have to ensure we do NOT allow the actions of one maniac committing an horrific attack, even against a child(ren), to change US.

We are a nation of laws and we should ensure they represent how we, as citizens, feel about the crimes committed. Personally, I abhor personal violence, and if this is that, he should never see the light of day ever again.

If, as most believe, he is a mental case, then he should receive the medical assistance he needs and then never see the light of day!

Society has to have guard rails, but if you’re willing to simply blow right through them, we do not wish you to be part of the society in which we live. It’s as simple as that…for me. YMMV.

My thoughts go out to those affected, especially parents that now have to plan a funeral for their child…something that should never happen.

It feels like a terroristic attack. That’s not to say the murderer is a terrorist, but that the severity of the attack has created terror in the community, leading to people reflexively espousing the death penalty and beating him to death.

Rather, we should recognize how horrific, yet completely NON-NORMAL, this event is and then go on about our lives. Yes, we can, and should, feel sad for the child, their family and friends, but we have to ensure we do NOT allow the actions of one maniac committing an horrific attack, even against a child(ren), to change US.

We are a nation of laws and we should ensure they represent how we, as citizens, feel about the crimes committed. Personally, I abhor personal violence, and if this is that, he should never see the light of day ever again.

If, as most believe, he is a mental case, then he should receive the medical assistance he needs and then never see the light of day!

Society has to have guard rails, but if you’re willing to simply blow right through them, we do not wish you to be part of the society in which we live. It’s as simple as that…for me. YMMV.

My thoughts go out to those affected, especially parents that now have to plan a funeral for their child…something that should never happen.
It could easily just be a domestic situation that has escalated tragically. It actually seems like an odd place to carry out a terrorist attack but time will tell us.

good post.
One counter...If he is a mental case?..you would have to say that his (her? actions would be the very definition of being a mental case...

These nutters usually top themselves at the end

I’m glad they’ve got him and he’s got to suffer inside a prison as a child killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.