Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wtf was it whenever we kicked off, straight back to dickford who just aimlessly hoofed it straight to their keeper or out of play, same with goal kicks and free kicks in our half, manager hopelessy out of his depth, its not like we did'nt have the players to play out from the back, it was like watching les dawson play the piano, all the right notes but in the wrong order, music written by southgate!
That's a brilliant analogy

He was very understandably completely gassed given he's not played football for not far off 6 months. Who gives a player their first starts in 5 months on a final and makes him do the full 90? Cant blame him for waistcoat refusing to sub him off and not bringing an actual fit left back with him.
I wasn’t having a go at Shaw, and agree with you on Southgate.

They MUST be playing the way the manager wants them to. Phil struggled until he was allowed to take a more central position.

Mainoo did well enough but probably tried too hard, gave the ball away a lot or tried to go through players when a pass would have been the better option.
I don’t think Southgate knows how to coach an attack. He’s very good defensively, but then can’t create patterns of play, so unless the players click into some formation that works, we always look disjointed.

Look at Spain. They had a system that their players played in. Rodri gets injured? No problem, Zubimendi knows what is expected of him as a 6. No Pedri, no problem, Olmo steps in. No formation or system change.

Spain deserved to win the tournament, were the best team from the first to the last game.

England need a new manager. Southgate is lucky but that's it.

Roll on August watching City.
I spent most of the 2nd half worrying about Rodri getting injured than England losing as I knew the likely England outcome
Ditto. I was almost disappointed we got out of the group stage to be honest.

One good 45 minutes in the whole tournament. Other than that we had moments.
In that 45 minutes we played to win but tonight we played not to lose.

To use a boxing analogy, you have to be prepared to take a punch to knock your opponent out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.