Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pickford ooofs destroyed any chance we had of controlling the game. There is nothing technically different from their team and our team yet tactically we were completely outdone. We were dictated to.
Absolutely 100% this. For a moment after palmers goal we had them on the ropes, then Pickford hoofs it twice and we never regained possession ever again. Took all the pressure off Spain. The sort of goalkeeping Pep would book a taxi for you.

Phil is blameless for me, his teammates are incapable of getting him on the ball in the right positions he can be effective. It wasn't going to change during a tournament so Gordon should have played instead to balance the side out but he didn't do that either. Foden needs the ball in pockets of space near the box with movement around him to combine with, or overlapping runners wide to create space for him to cross or shoot. This simply doesn't happen in Southgate's England team. Phil isn't Yaya Toure who can pick the ball up on the halfway line and steamroller his way through the opposition. I don't know what people expect him to do.

Absolutely 100% this. For a moment after palmers goal we had them on the ropes, then Pickford hoofs it twice and we never regained possession ever again. Took all the pressure off Spain. The sort of goalkeeping Pep would book a taxi for you.

At one point, he whacked it upfield for Foden to challenge for...ended up in hom having to save a shot by Yamal.

Pickford ooofs destroyed any chance we had of controlling the game. There is nothing technically different from their team and our team yet tactically we were completely outdone. We were dictated to.

I kept screaming at the telly every time he kicked it out/to their keeper/to their defenders/for a 70/30 Spanish ball. Just why? Roll it out and build, it was so infuriating

There's definitely beef between St fucking Jude and Phil, Bellend never looks for him, can't remember him passing to Phil all tournament
They were on top of each other for most of the games. Tactically inept from Southgate.

I'm no football manager but even I know that saying 'Rice, you play here, when you win the ball give it to Jude, Jude you get it off to Foden who will be ahead of you, pass it and run for the return pass, he'll find you just run into the space. Oh and Harry the goal is the rectangular thing at the end of the pitch, no need to look for it on the halfway line, it isn't there'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.