Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jack would have been a better option than Bellingham too. That goal aside, he didn't do a lot against bang average teams from countries barely the size of Greater Manchester.
I think that Bellingham's reaction after the game, to distance himself from the other players was quite telling. He thinks he's a class apart. Portugal paid the price again for this with CR.

It needs a strong coach that will make Bellingham and Mainoo play for the team rather than as individuals.

I thought the poor passing and positional indiscipline were the biggest problems from the first game and Southgate never got on top of it, Bellinghams ego started to affect his play and he became less effective with every game.

Of course, that's not how the media will portray this. It will be all about how Phil failed to live up to expectations and how John Stones and Kyle Walker were responsible for all the defensive failings. It won't take long...

Yet another epic fail bu the negative one folk can pull single players out but was it there fault that at 1-1 we should have gone for the kill but what happens ?????

The same as 2018
The same as 2021
The same as 2022

We simply dont kill sides off when we are on top.

Fook if he stays on them im done with it
Pretty sure he’s done now and England’s had better managers, but he did manage to get us to a world cup semi and two Euro finals.

If someone said a team had played to get to a final -

Serbia
Denmark
Slovenia
Slovakia
Switzerland
Netherlands

And that time had won 2 of those games by a goal, drawn 2 and won 1 after a penalty shoot out and the other in extra time after a 95th minute equaliser

Would you be that impressed?

Not exactly Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Hopefully not. He isn’t daft either so I’d expect him to go after the boo’s etc earlier in the comp. I quite like him as a person and find him honest, but he is limited as a manager/coach albeit with a great deal of luck when it comes to draws etc.

We need to bring someone in who has attack at the forefront of their mind, not defence and who is stronger than the players. No favourites. Southgate is way too loyal.
Limited? He has ZERO experience as a top-level successful coach and even spent 4 years out of the game completely after being sacked as Middlesboro manager, his one and only job as coach prior to getting the England U-21 job, and an unqualified coach at that who's only "achievement" was to get the club relegated.

It's an absolute farce that he ever got the job in the first place. As you say, he got lucky with the draws on many occasions. How far would we have got if we had been in the other half of the draw? Had we been in Spain's position, having to play Italy and Croatia in the group stages I'm not sure we would have even made it out of the group. Certainly not on the level of the performances we saw in our group matches.

I think that Bellingham's reaction after the game, to distance himself from the other players was quite telling. He thinks he's a class apart. Portugal paid the price again for this with CR.

It needs a strong coach that will make Bellingham and Mainoo play for the team rather than as individuals.

I thought the poor passing and positional indiscipline were the biggest problems from the first game and Southgate never got on top of it, Bellinghams ego started to affect his play and he became less effective with every game.

Of course, that's not how the media will portray this. It will be all about how Phil failed to live up to expectations and how John Stones and Kyle Walker were responsible for all the defensive failings. It won't take long...

We would have won if he'd played as a false 9, well less false than Kane.

Agree totally. With Mainoo I put it down to youthful enthusiasm and lack of experience, but with Bellingham it's clear he wants to be the star of the show. I think that why Phil didn't get any support from him, he didn't want to be outshone by another player.

Limited? He has ZERO experience as a top-level successful coach and even spent 4 years out of the game completely after being sacked as Middlesboro manager, his one and only job as coach prior to getting the England U-21 job, and an unqualified coach at that who's only "achievement" was to get the club relegated.

It's an absolute farce that he ever got the job in the first place. As you say, he got lucky with the draws on many occasions. How far would we have got if we had been in the other half of the draw? Had we been in Spain's position, having to play Italy and Croatia in the group stages I'm not sure we would have even made it out of the group. Certainly not on the level of the performances we saw in our group matches.

The better coached team won.

One benefit out of this is Southgate goes. The negative is that we pick another manager who’s done nothing.

Agree totally. With Mainoo I put it down to youthful enthusiasm and lack of experience, but with Bellingham it's clear he wants to be the star of the show. I think that why Phil didn't get any support from him, he didn't want to be outshone by another player.
Hell be flirted by Franco FC and he'll be at PSG, then whoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.