Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best team won, simple as that. England remain a collection of great players who just cannot handle the pressure enough to win tournaments.

For this side to win anything we need a number 6 and a better goalkeeper. Pickford is a good shot stopper but when you look at Simon's distribution in comparison he's a major weakness. When you struggle to keep the ball the last thing you need is someone who just punts it straight back to them.

The fallout could be substantial from this. Kane wasn't right, I'm certain he had an issue. And I would imagine someone in the squad takes a pop about it.

The FA needs to hire a winner now. I have a lot of time for Southgate as a person but this group needs to be led by a seasoned winner. We might get on better than ever but we've missed two chances to win now and when you look around Europe it's only going to get harder to win things with the improvement from other sides.

I’ve heard all the pundits & English ex pros thoughts & none of them have nailed it like you. A keeper that gives it away with every kick & a 6 who hides from the ball when his defence have it.

Its fucking basic knowledge for controlling a game.

Morning !

So after 7 games in the tournament for England.
I still don't know the system or tactics. Is it park the bus ? Yes. Is it hoofball ? Yes. Is it tippy tappy ? Sort of sometimes. Is it walking football ? Yes.

If it's park the bus than you counter attack with pace. England didn't.

If it's hoofball you again play with pace and very direct. England didn't.

If it's tippy tappy the players need to be confident on the ball and being thinking 3 passes ahead before receiving the ball. England didn't.

If it's walking football than I'll give credit to southgate. Kane and bellend were excellent at this. By far the best two player in the tournament.

Could England have won this ? Yes but you can't keep playing with only 9 players. It should be those 9 complaining of being knackered. Kane and bellend walk most games so should be the fittest.

It's interesting that England best players were Stones and his defensive partner. A type southgate gate team !. Southgate hasn't a clue about attacking.

Pickford's long punt up to Kane made me cringe, it was eighties Wimbledon, the only difference being it actually worked for them, Kane never in seven games held the ball up and brought other players into our attack, the tactic was a dismal failure, this must have been under the managers instructions, Einsteins definition of madness. Southgate is a poor manager and must go.
Can you imagine what Bobby Manc would have achieved with this squad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.