Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning !

So after 7 games in the tournament for England.
I still don't know the system or tactics. Is it park the bus ? Yes. Is it hoofball ? Yes. Is it tippy tappy ? Sort of sometimes. Is it walking football ? Yes.

If it's park the bus than you counter attack with pace. England didn't.

If it's hoofball you again play with pace and very direct. England didn't.

If it's tippy tappy the players need to be confident on the ball and being thinking 3 passes ahead before receiving the ball. England didn't.

If it's walking football than I'll give credit to southgate. Kane and bellend were excellent at this. By far the best two player in the tournament.

Could England have won this ? Yes but you can't keep playing with only 9 players. It should be those 9 complaining of being knackered. Kane and bellend walk most games so should be the fittest.

It's interesting that England best players were Stones and his defensive partner. A type southgate gate team !. Southgate hasn't a clue about attacking.
The only consistent tactic is that whenever we got the momentum and scored we’d then self-sabotage and sit deep and concede said momentum.

He’s a woefully bad manager, always has been.

Figurehead to stabilise the group after Fat Sam left in disgrace, yes. Actual football manager entrusted with the best part of a decade to manage England’s most promising collection of players in years? You’re having a fucking laugh.

All on Pickford the hoof ball wanker! We got back to 1-1 he gets it waves everyone away and hoofs it didn't get the ball back! the ball ended up back with Pickford foden ran 70 yards back asking for Pickford to pass it to him there was no one near him! Guess what ignored him and hoofed it! Sorry Pickford is a fucking liability a shit house useless twat who only knows relegation battles and managers who loves him to hoof it!!
In fairness to Pickford - who kept the scoreline respectable incidentally - he, and those around him, are most probably playing to strict instructions laid given by the clueless one. I imagine Foden's run to collect the ball from his keeper was borne out of sheer frustration but in direct conflict with those instructions. If 'nice guy' Southgate was capable of such things, it would have earned him a bollocking!

Last edited:
England haven't won a thing for 58 years now. The problems run deeper than Southgate.

One of the possible reasons: intelligence (in particular) and technique are less appreciated than on the continent. Pep's stint in the PL is changing that, though.

The thing with intelligence is that it helps the team perform better, the players know how to deal with diverse tactics and styles, how to find each other, defend and attack collectively.

England has outstanding individuals who shine in well structured enviroments prepared by foreign managers. How many English managers work for the top 10 in the PL? 1-2. The paucity of top English managers speaks volumes.

Rodri was voted the best player in the CL, Uefa Nations League and the Euros - by foreign journalists and pundits. He didn't make the top 6 in England last season.

Rodri got player of the tournament - that's fair in my book. I reckon he has a shot at the Ballon D'or. What counts against him is he plays in a supposedly 'unglamorous' position and he's not a social media/PR star however based on quality of play I think either him or Vinicius Jr should get it.

Funny how the morning after I couldn't give a toss about last night's result, over it almost instantly. Anyone else feel the same?

I felt that at the final whistle.

As much as I like to be optimistic, I always felt England and Waistcoat were going to fall short against a genuinely good side, as usual. Hard to be disappointed when something is almost inevitable.

There's no shame in losing to Spain generally, but it's an obvious pattern that we can't overcome these kind of games and events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.