Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s got to go now. Hopefully he resigns. But if he doesn’t then sack him.

I'm certain the FA, like Arsenal fans, are all about progress. We got to a final on foreign soil, that's progress!

But I would imagine Southgate is done.

Who is next is the question.

I don't know who they turn to from here. It's so tribal in this country that you take stick win or lose if you pick players that do or don't play for certain clubs. Who can deal with that? And more importantly for the FA, who can get the players to hug and be friends?

And you know my biggest gripe ???????

We have to listen to that cuntish " its coming home " song for at least two more years well done Southgate you negative twat
Generally from "committed England fans" who have never actually seen the national team play live.
England played all over the country while Wembley was being rebuilt but the loudest England fans I know didn't take advantage.

We used to coach our kids on full size pitches. The reason we had good players was simply because it's the national sport. Coaches were doing their best to ruin our players, but luckily enough good players emerged in spite of their poor education.

That's changed. Our kids now learn to control the ball and are more comfortable with it. They play in a variety of positions too. We're going to get better and with a population the size we have and the fact football is adored everywhere we're going to be a force.

Managers like Pep have also further educated coaches that all players should be learning to be comfortable with the ball and play a variety of positions. And he's also helping people realise tactics are a vital element of the game. You can't just pick the best 11 players and expect to win. The English have rarely truly understood that sacrifice.

Agreed.

Pep might be tempted to take over England. I hope so.

In terms of squads, England is up there with France and Brazil (maybe even better than current Brazil). A top manager can win everything with England.

I'm certain the FA, like Arsenal fans, are all about progress. We got to a final on foreign soil, that's progress!

But I would imagine Southgate is done.

Who is next is the question.

I don't know who they turn to from here. It's so tribal in this country that you take stick win or lose if you pick players that do or don't play for certain clubs. Who can deal with that? And more importantly for the FA, who can get the players to hug and be friends?

This, the neurotic dippers calling for Trent as if he's a prime Pele.

Complete madness

I will admit that my previous opinion saying Southgate is tactically inept is wrong.
He is a defensive, reactive manager who sadly sticks by his favourite players even when they're having a bad day/week/month/year.
Let's forget the square peg in a round hole problem for now (Kane is more of a number 10 or a 2nd strker), but Kane clearly has fitness issues and should only have been a sub at best for this tournament - Yet he started every game. That's like playing with 10 men!
I'm afraid it will be the same outcome every time under Southgate. Good teams that regularly play attacking football will always have the upper hand against Southgate's England because they regularly practice attacking football tactics - not just when the team falls behind.

Last edited:
The morning after? Try the second the whistle went. City first. England somewhere else in the pecking order.

Had people questioning my nationality last night amongst friends. They just do not get it at all.
I'm English as a bacon muffin, but I don't jump on the men's national football team bandwagon as though it's a prerequisite to having a passport. The hype that goes along with anything English, British, Anglo-Saxon, Britannic within the media is quite an embarrassment. The tournament favourites? How many matches, mid-match, did the opposition look more favoured to win than the England team. The hullabaloo that has accompanied the whole set-up, as it always does, is just risible. CamelGob suggesting Mainoo had the 'Wow Factor', Bellingham was the 'Boy Prince', TAA was a midfield maestro, and how Saka was gonna bamboozle Cucurella. Whenever I saw Mainoo and weighed up his contribution I thought 'Wow, shite!', and sometime the Boy Prince might 'grow up'!

England have top class players but they all play in teams surrounded by foreign, equally gifted players, who seem to bring their gifts onto the pitch whereas ours leave 'em in the changing room.

The tactics from the England camp were too often a case of a Micawber-type approach - we can nick this is we stay in it!

Spain were clearly the team of the tournament - unbeaten, no need for pens in any game. A demonstration of attacking football with the intention from the beginning of outscoring the opponents.

Wonder who Pep was cheering on last night?

Belgium get ripped for their golden generation not winning anything, but we must give Southgate his flowers? This whole tournament has been built on grinding out and then relying on big moments, that is not how you win a tournament, realistically. When England come up against any team that is able to control the ball, they completely fall flat. People make a big thing about the players failing there, but the majority of the spine have got experience in controlling games but Southgate is unable to build this into a team. He's a backfoot manager, maybe he has set some foundation in spirit but that quickly needed to be built upon with a progressive coach. Who is that though?

Consider the contrasting approaches of both managers last night. Luis de la Fuente at the start of the 2nd half In the face of adversity when Rodri got injured tried somthing different - he dropped his defence deeper and pushed his wide players forward - thus stretching the game and giving his own team more space in the middle.
Suddenly England were in serious trouble and quickly conceded as a result. It took England 10 minutes to adjust and should really have conceded another in that time but Dani Olmo missed when it was probably easier to score.

Didn't give a flying after the final whistle went, sometimes takes a few days after City lose. I've always said, supporting your club is like a marriage, supporting England is a one night stand with a slapper, mutton dressed as lamb, superficial in the extreme and the feeling of guilt that goes with supporting the likes of Bellend and fatty Shaw soon fades and we can now put all our love into maintaining our relationship with the greatest club in the World, fuck England, romantically embrace City.

Haha, that's excellent!! You've got me belly laughing here, you really have. For the first time since k.o. last night.

It would be nice to be able to say that England are all fur coat and no knickers. Except that in reality they're all Poundland parka and floppy white Y-fronts with a tired waist band.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.