Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England reminded me of any generic premier league team when they come up against a team like city

We have no bravery on the ball to play out through the press and the only way they can gain a foothold is by kicking it long

We’ve got no one in a deeper midfield who wants to take the ball and look forward with their next touch

It’s a confused mess , why play Foden if we are playing it long , why play Kane instead of Toney who is more used to getting on the end of long punts forward

Southgate needs to go but I don’t think we’ll be any better off with the type of managers the FA will look at as his replacement , will probably be someone like Carsley or Southgate

Would love to see what Pep could do with this group of players
I said said to dear hub. Spain playing like Barca or one of Peps earlier City teams ( 2018 - 2019) and England were like a lower League 1 team.

southgate a champioship manager at best, Boro is his ceiling

He wasn't good enough for Boro

Let's not forget Boro were a pretty handy side before Southgate took over. They had just been in UEFA cup final, they had 2 seasons in Europe, actually pipping City to a European place via the league. They were an established Premier league side for over 10 years. They only spent one season between 1995 and 2009 out of the top flight and that relegation ended up being down to a points deduction in 1997.

They were no world beaters, but they were no mugs either. Give anyone a good game on their day.

Southgate took over, made them go downhill to the point he got them relegated. They've never really recovered.

Pre Southgate they spent over a decade as a top flight side as a decent team. After he got them relegated, they've spent 1 season in the past 15 in the top flight.

That's his club CV.

One of Pickford’s saves that kept England in the match was a direct result of his poor, long kick out.

A huge part of a keeper’s game now is to prevent chances from happening in the first place, not just saving them when they do.

I accept that, but the fact is that he  did save it, and it was his only real mistake in the game.

Think the major clue was him not coming out and jacking it in last night ..........he will sit back the powers that be will massage his ego and we have the useless **** for another 4 years :(

If last night wasnt a wake up call for the powers that be then i give up ...........the whole tournament has been a sham.........players being played out of posistion a system that doesnt fit in with the attacking players he has ............relying on certain players that MAY produce i mean how many times was Foden taken off while that ocerated shite Bellingham was kept on the pitch ?????
Put it this way if he gets another 2 years then i will simply fook it off
Glad to say I fooked it off a few years ago. I saw a whole 6 or 7 minutes of england in this entire tournament & that was accidental. I don’t watch them at all normally, didn’t see any qualifiers & won’t bother watching again until the waistcoat is replaced with a manager who wants to actually play football. If it wasn’t for my long suffering england watching missus, I wouldn’t know the results & just like after binning listening to talk shite, I found my life to be better for not watching this shite.

From what I can see online it's down to:

non City fans:

1. Not playing that Alexander-Arnold fella as he's a better footballer than Walker who just runs fast.
2. Foden didn't contribute anything and actually got in the way of a better player in Palmer.
3. Foden didn't contribute anything and actually detracted from the only real world class player England have in Bellingham.
4. Best generation of players for a while (or, since the last best generation of players) who are wasted under Southgate.
5. Why did City sell Palmer.

City fans:

1. Bellingham is shite and overrated.
2. Foden played out of position.
3. Southgate shite tactics.
4. Best generation of players for a while (or, since the last best generation of players) who are wasted under Southgate.
5. Why did City sell Palmer.

non England fans:

1. Got away with an easy draw once again and the first decent team England played beat them.
2. A lot of the players are vastly overrated and as much so as the last 'generational' team with Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham/Scholes etc, etc.

Bellingham off the ball workrate was the best out of all the England players but when he has the ball his choice of pass is not good enough and when to pass it is crucial..

Bellingham off the ball workrate was the best out of all the England players but when he has the ball his choice of pass is not good enough and when to pass it is crucial..

That's his major weakness. He creates very little for a player touted as one of the best attacking midfielders in the world. It comes to reading of the game, vision and passing ability. He's lacking in these crucial departments. For half a season at Madrid, it looked like the sheer quantiity of goals he scores makes these weaknesses a bit irrelevant. But once the goals have dried up a bit, he looks like another talented player out there, not a world beater.

That's exactly my point Ray... No Pedri, Rodri only playing half the match, and their 'precocious talent' having a quiet game.

Last night's Spanish team gave a very average performance, yet they bettered England in almost every position on the pitch. At full strength,they'd probably have finished England off long before half time.

But for Pickford, England would have been beaten 4 or 5-1.

The best team in the tournament won it, under par, and without breaking sweat.
They aren't mediocre either which is my point as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.