Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn’t shitting myself, that would have been daft. You are shit and had no chance. I don’t think I was quite agreeing. I thought you were gash from the off. As I said, if you were in the other half of the draw you would have been home shortly after us. What England are great at, hyping themselves up to be real contenders. Fucking Ace at that. Tragically, you don’t have the players to back it up. Even with a better system.

Iran and Peru say hi.

Why do you always have to pick an Englishman for manager anyway.
Is it because they are manageable themselves.
There are very good foreign managers out there that may not bow to the FA system as much, or cave in to media pressure either.

What’s Mourinho doing these days? ;-)
Erickson was not English!
Capello was not English!

He's not average lol. He didn't have his best tournament but covered more yards than any other player. I think you're seeing it through the lens of having Rodri in your team- after Rodri (and possibly Kante) Rice is the next best. He's just knackered and didn't make the runs he usually does, plus there seemed no clarity in tactics regarding when to push forward - so he ended up just basically passing sideways and almost acting as a 3rd centre half at times.

I could say based on his performances this tournament that Foden is 'bang average' yet I know that's absolutely not the case and that he's a top, top player. No player should be judged based on how they play under Southgate IMHO.
I think that’s fair comment.
Rice was limited, but so was Phil.
Rice did some fairly decent work for England but he was very conservative.
When you consider the length of the season for the top of the PL and CL a lot of players are knackered anyway.

You are right about no clear tactic. I think it affected Phil more than most.

You’re on a City site. Rice will take a battering but I felt he put an honest if slightly conservative shift in.

Iran and Peru say hi.
Still have pen pals in both country’s you never qualified that year, if memory serves. We beat the team that got to the final that year. When is the last time you actually played a good team in either a qualifying or groups? 66?

I fail to see how you can think that when they all looked pish. If it hadn’t been for an easy path you wouidnt have got anywhere near the final. I think an honest assessment of how good you actually are needs done. You are nowhere near as good as the hype. Until the next tournament finals and you will again probably start favourites, well with British bookies at least, no one else. The problem seems to me your English players are better with nine foreigners in their team. Bring them all together and you see why the Prem is so good. The foreigners. Spain are now setting out on their journey snd if anybody thinks England can match or beat them is probably a few weeks away from being sectioned. Delusional.
They all looked shit because they're all coached by the same incompetent manager. You can go through the squad individually, look at their club season, compare it directly to the opponents and see clear as day the talent in the squad is unrivaled.

We have bayerns player of the year, Madrid's player of the year, city's player of the year and arsenals player of the year on top of the Premier leagues player and young player of the year, that's probably Europe's 4 best sides and their best player is English, there's no over hyping of the squads ability, it is both the best and deepest.

Still have pen pals in both country’s you never qualified that year, if memory serves. We beat the team that got to the final that year. When is the last time you actually played a good team in either a qualifying or groups? 66?
The nations league showed them for what they are. Gubbed by Italy, Germany and Hungary.

However the arrogance of it being "glorified friendlies" meant the earnings weren't headed despite us all seeing what was laid bare.

In a final, Spain's 2.31 XG to England's 0.63 is atrocious, when quality-wise (at least on paper) both teams are actually fairly equal. England had an equalizer and quickly retreated into their shell. Instead of taking the game to Spain like they did against Netherlands, they are more afraid of what Spain could potentially do to them.

Conversely, Spain scored 1 goal, rode the momentum and England were fairly fortunate to not concede a 2nd. They came out swinging in the 2nd half like they sniffed blood and for a good 10-15 mins, England looked like they didn't know what hit them.

IMO Southgate should bow out. 4 tournaments is enough. He has taken England as far as he could.

I'd like to see a cleverer, or at least braver mind in place who could hopefully better utilize these talents. It pains me to see our Foden, knowing how talented he is, put in underwhelming performances for England and gets derided with terms such as 'system player'. We City fans know he is more than that, and can be more than that for England.

A squad as talented as England have being underutilized is painful to watch, even as a neutral.
How can you say equal? You were utterly devoid of real class. After us, the worst team to watch. How does that add up to being equal in quality? A shocking penalty helped you too. Nowhere near the quality of the Spaniards, country fucking mile gap.

They all looked shit because they're all coached by the same incompetent manager. You can go through the squad individually, look at their club season, compare it directly to the opponents and see clear as day the talent in the squad is unrivaled.

We have bayerns player of the year, Madrid's player of the year, city's player of the year and arsenals player of the year on top of the Premier leagues player and young player of the year, that's probably Europe's 4 best sides and their best player is English, there's no over hyping of the squads ability, it is both the best and deepest.
All that means fuck all if you don’t turn up. Then when you do, play the drab, slow, pointless stuff you served up, could it be you are blinded by how good the Prem is? It’s that good because the players you mentioned have better foreign players around them. You struggled to get to the final and you had an easy ride. Swap you over to the other side of the draws no you would have been home a week ago. At least.

To me, the only player who turned up was Stones. The lad was brilliant. The rest? Well you saw the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.