Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watched most of this tournament with the sound off, I just can't handle the hype and bs that's spouted. One time I happened to have the sound on I caught the presenter saying "JB the icon of this England team"...if I'd been physically able I'd have scissor kicked my telly.

I'm English so of course I want us to win but I will probably avoid any media after if we do. I want all City boys to do well, if Spain win I'll be happy for Rodri. My biggest hope is that Kane retires from international football regards of the result.
The ITN news is currently awash with barrels of shit, including meerkats rolling a ball next to a flag. FFS.

Are they "unbelievably good" ?

They've been winning games by a 1 goal margin and clinging on when they've played anyone half decent.

Don't get me wrong, they play some nice football and will rightly be favourites. I just don't think they're an "unbelievable" team overall. They're just a good side in a tournament where the big name teams haven't looked as attractive and I think it's skewing people's perception

I don't think they're some formidable team, although they do have a certain formidable midfielder.
Maybe my wording was as bit OTT. They have been hands down the best in the tournament. I think their overall showing they have been better than an overrated Argentinain world champions and much better than the Italian team that won the last Euros.

The last decent team I see internationally would be Germany when they won the world cup and of course then brilliant Spanish teams before that.

They have a bit of youth, experience and can step it up when they need to. I don't even think they have played their best stuff yet either.

Saying that, we have only played superb for 45 minutes so we don't know how many gears England have. It's a one off game and I fancy we can get at them.

I think Southgate will pretty much try and contain them, keep it simple and use Palmer, Watkins and whoever late on when Spain and England tire. Pretty much what he did before

Morata is the one I don't trust. I don't rate him a world beater but he's got a bit of that Giroud about him. I hope we keep that prick quiet

interesting quote:

Of course nobody is a complete player or plays with absolute perfection every time but doing something about it on the pitch is another thing altogether.

Reminds me of the legendary boxing trainer Eddie Futch when somebody said to him that if you use a stiff double jab or hit Mayweather around the arms and shoulders you can get to him and he replied "and you think he's just going to stand there and let you do it?"

Imagine if we did somehow fluke it. Have a target on our back for another 60 years (nearly) of abject failure.
Fluke it? WTF!

We got lucky on the easier side of the draw and deserve to be in the final. And beating Spain will not be fluky if we do, and we can do. And I think we'll beat them.

Come on England!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.