Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England would be far better with only an above average shot stopper but an elite passer.....we've seen it with Hart.

No doubt

Its not like pickford is some immense shot stopper anyway. He's ok. He wasn't making saves that any other half decent goalkeeper couldn't make.

And really in football at this kind of level, pretty much every goal is a goal where no keeper would save it. Obviously you get the odd fuck up and poor poor pieces of goalkeeping, and on the flipside you do get some brilliant saves, but really the vast majority would go into the net no matter of who was in goal and most saves would be saved by most decent level keepers.

You're far better off with a keeper who can use his feet these days. I think it's much more important to the game today than a marginally better shot stopper who is useless with his feet.

I don't like to see Pickford criticized too much. It's up to the manager to understand and deal with players weaknesses (just as much as to understand and build on their strengths). Pickford is excellent at most things, just not at kicking.

LOL! He is right your just another bitter Scotcher celebrating an England loss. You seem to disappear from the England threads after the Swiss game but at 10:05pm last night you turn up again to tell us how shit we all are and then continue to post another 10 times on this thread alone. Pathetic!
I dunno why people are biting

England are currently not too dissimilar to Spain before 2008. Spain were perennial underachievers but managed to turn things around.

When Pep calls it a day at club level, England should do everything to hire him.

But maybe, just maybe, PL bosses shouldn't try to cancel City's success. City bring to the league qualities that English football needs to succeed internationally.

I don't like to see Pickford criticized too much. It's up to the manager to understand and deal with players weaknesses (just as much as to understand and build on their strengths). Pickford is excellent at most things, just not at kicking.
I agree, we can only assume it was part of Southgates plan to continue kicking the ball long in the vain hope that Kane would miraculously win one , control it and pass it to the rest of our forward line that were advancing at pace on the Spainish. I mean if happened so frequently throughout the tournament that it is completely understandable that Southgate continued with this match winning strategy.

Last edited:
Even we could see that Harry Kane and Luke Shaw we not physically fit for this tournament.

Southgate insisted on playing them and their lack of fitness showed in the end.

We did well to get to the final, but we was probably one of the worst teams to watch from a neutral point of view.

On another day, Spain win that game at a canter.
Pickford saved Engerland from it being at least 4-1

I don't rate Southgate at all I think he's absolutely bobbins, Having said that, Some of the players are getting away with it today and it's Southgate getting it in the neck.

I must have been watching a different game, Everyone applauding Luke Shaw perfomance! I watched him getting attracted to the ball and letting Yamal spin off him for the first goal, Constantly getting caught out of position in the second half.

Declan Rice, Where the fuck do you start with him! Absolutely shite footballer. Getting caught of position, Giving the ball away numerous times.

Some of the players need to take a look at themselves too.
True, imo , a few of the players are simply not as good as people thought & got seriously found out at these championships

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.