Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Curious about what the boards thoughts are on the second goal. Guehi, Stones, Walker. I've watched it a couple times. Walker seems to have position on Yamal but not enough to stop the cross. Stonesy is ball watching a bit. Guehi is behind Oyarzabel. Thoughts on who was most responsible? Not that it matters now, of course. Walker seems to be taking alot of heat on Twitter. Thought I would ask.

Curious about what the boards thoughts are on the second goal. Guehi, Stones, Walker. I've watched it a couple times. Walker seems to have position on Yamal but not enough to stop the cross. Stonesy is ball watching a bit. Guehi is behind Oyarzabel. Thoughts on who was most responsible? Not that it matters now, of course. Walker seems to be taking alot of heat on Twitter. Thought I would ask.

Cucurella, not Yamal. More one-dimensional, so should have helped the decision making.

The basics angle I've seen, I expected Walker to beat him to it. That he didn't, yet didn't slide in either, isn't great. Stones was in a decent position, but can't cut everything out. Guehi let the goalscorer get goalside of him, which is criminal in those situations.

I'd say Walker/Guehi 50/50, but I've not had the willingness to rewatch it from the start of the build up, it's possible some midfielders could maybe have helped out more too.

England are the rags of international football. A manager who doesn't have a clue. No plan, no discernible style of play. Hoping for occasional moments of brilliance from big hame players to pull them out of the shit
And like the rags they have plenty of gobby fans who have never seen them play live. There was plenty of opportunity when Wembley was being rebuilt, and I'd even accept youth games which are still played all over the place.
I don't consider myself a huge England fan, but I've seen the first team five times, the youth team three times (at Maine Road), an England B game, and an English League v Scottish League game (also at Maine Road) which was effectively an England game as the manager (Sir Alf?) didn't pick any Irish, Scottish or Welsh players.

It's not, though how come City and Arsenal, who it's based upon, are able to keep a high percentage of the ball in the highest profile league in the world yet these same players aren't able to do so for England?

I think a lot of it rests on Southgate and he's not sure whether he wants to play possession based football or play on the counter.

I think if England had a manager who believed in possession based football it would be relatively easy to implement as they'd just be asking the players to produce a simpler form of what they already do for their clubs.

Jordan Pickford is one reason, Declan Rice has no idea of how to receive the ball and pass it forward and lack of movement and interaction between players is the cause. Bellingham doesn’t seem to want to pass to Foden

Cucurella, not Yamal. More one-dimensional, so should have helped the decision making.

The basics angle I've seen, I expected Walker to beat him to it. That he didn't, yet didn't slide in either, isn't great. Stones was in a decent position, but can't cut everything out. Guehi let the goalscorer get goalside of him, which is criminal in those situations.

I'd say Walker/Guehi 50/50, but I've not had the willingness to rewatch it from the start of the build up, it's possible some midfielders could maybe have helped out more too.
I thought Walker should perhaps have been there first, failing that should have Rugby tackled the guy down Spain had been quite successful with that tactic throughout the tournament.

*daft half hour post* I.e. not to be taken seriously post!!

I have a problem… Most people are aware that I have an affiliation, some might say obsession, with a certain team… I freely admit it and I freely admit that 100% of the players for that team are 99% perfect (in my eyes)…
Therefore the players from that team who played in the Euros for whichever country all became the players of the tournament, with one player receiving my (imaginary) trophy for the most outstanding player…. I will leave you to guess who that might be. ;-) :-)

For the 1st goal Shaw should've have pulled Yamal back after catching up to him and just taken a booking for it.

He would've needed to be careful from that point on and likely subbed in normal time but worth it to stop a really dangerous, developing attack that was opening us up.

Not that it matters now but I wonder what Southgate was thinking about with his plan to put Trippier and Gallagher on in the minutes before Spain scored and who he was planning to take. Surely he wasn't planning for penalties!

And he's probably got 1 World Cup and maybe 1 Euros remaining. Hopefully it'll be with a new manager who instills a requirement to be able to play from the back. If you want a team to play out and keep possession, you want John Stones. When he's gone, who's going to come in? There's no replacement for him.
Not right now, but there will be from somewhere. City have changed the way football is played. Kids in academies now will be learning it and will come through that way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.