Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Put the Sangria down mate :)
I can’t drink ethanol, mate.

dramatic-cry.gif

Probably because of the Lizards!

I want to see us win, though if rodders carries the day I won't be heartbroken. But this whole bank holiday stuff does seem a bit banana republic to me. I don't remember a memorial bank holiday for the essential workers who sacrificed themselves during the pandemic.

That said I would want an open top bus parade cause I've got a feeling it would make quality live TV.
Lol! The essential workers would have to work the bank holiday given in honour of them...

I think a major difference is that many of our players look absolutely gassed. Players like Bellingham, Kane, Rice, Saka etc have played almost every minute for their clubs, aiming to be at peak levels for the May finish and now we are in July and their muscles are shot.

The Spanish side have in general played for fewer minutes. Rodri is probably the only exception but I think he's just made of iron.

So using subs early and tactically will be important. Take the rugby union approach of getting your starters to play at maximum intensity for 60/70 minutes and then bring the finishers on. Particularly as Spain are excellent at retaining and cycling possession and we could get absolutely exhausted chasing shadows unless we have full 'snap' when closing down.
I think Spain looked a bit leggy after 65 mins against France, hence their lumping the ball out to the wing. Also think our bench is stronger, especially in the attacking options.
Anyway we'll wait and see as no doubt the waistcoat will make the necessary subs on 85 mins when it should have been on 60 mins!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.