Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dawn of, hopefully, a great day for England fans. Me? Meh. If they lose, I won't be anywhere near as disappointed as I was with our defeat in the cup final. That really did sting.
Same here. I have had Spain to win since the whole interminably boring tournament began. I really don't want the totally undeserving Bellingham winning the Balon D'or - which he will should England be victorious. Rodri is current imo one of the best players on the planet and would be a worthy recipient, should Spain win and the voters can move on from their combined Messi luv in.

I just want the City lads home and uninjured. This lengthy participation is certainly going to impact detrimentally next seasons performances for at least 4 of them - and Rodri was goosed before the start of last season.....

Amazing too how Jonny Boy has played about 6 consecutive games....

I know lots on here don't like the xg stat, but I am going to leave this here.

In the 2 games against Germany and France, Spain "statistically" should have been beaten, outdone twice on xg.

End of the day, this Spanish side for as good as they have been, they give you chances. They have a midfield that is held together by arguably the best holding midfield player of the last 20 years in Rodri and a defence that consists of a player who applies his trade in the Saudi league, an ageing fullback in Carvahal and a defensive disaster-class in Cucurella.

There is no way Spain will have it easy tonight, regardless of how good they have been.

We can win ugly, I don't think they can.

On the BBC Website Culture page there is a montage of celebs supporting England.
I don’t know who half of them are. Many look old and shambolic. Sir Jim Rat looks about 90 and is completely unkempt.
Kate Beckinsale in her England shirt saves the day…..wow!
I've just looked at it. "celebrities"? There's loads of them who I had no idea who they were. Little Simz, Chemmy Alcott, DJ Spoony, David Olusoga, David Harewood, Mabel, OJ Borg; who are these people. And, of course, that Romesh bloke had to be there. Ditto Rylan.

In the 2 games against Germany and France, Spain "statistically" should have been beaten, outdone twice on xg.

End of the day, this Spanish side for as good as they have been, they give you chances. They have a midfield that is held together by arguably the best holding midfield player of the last 20 years in Rodri and a defence that consists of a player who applies his trade in the Saudi league, an ageing fullback in Carvahal and a defensive disaster-class in Cucurella.

There is no way Spain will have it easy tonight, regardless of how good they have been.

xg is bollocks. There's only one stat that matters; top left corner of the screen at the final whistle.

Not having a go at you, by the way.

Unless you invented xg!

I've just looked at it. "celebrities"? There's loads of them who I had no idea who they were. Little Simz, Chemmy Alcott, DJ Spoony, David Olusoga, David Harewood, Mabel, OJ Borg; who are these people. And, of course, that Romesh bloke had to be there. Ditto Rylan.
Does Rylan like footy? Who does he ' support' or his he glory hunting on the Ingerrrland bandwagon?

Chemmy Alcott was Britains best ever female skier. A good looker too.

We know the script, we need to stop Rodri.

If he gets to run the midfield we are fucked.
Who is this 'we' that you speak of?

I'll hopefully never watch a game, where I don't want to watch the great man run the midfield, tonight is no different.

I want him to win the Euros, and then get the accolades he truly deserves.

As if England have the players to stop him.

The Spanish are masters at winning ugly.

You could go through the English defence and say the same:

Keeper that has fought relegation the last few years
A right back who will lose concentration at least once
A great centre back
A centre back who is very inexperienced at top level, and who plays for Palace
A left back who is a shit right back

Carvahal is still a winner, and knows all the dark arts. Nacho and Laporte are both very good centre backs, Cucurella is shit but hasn't had a bad tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.