Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suppose of England win, it gives you the opportunity to have seen both Spain and England lift major international trophies, which has to be good.

My sister is quite torn actually too because she went to the Canary Islands at a young age due to some family circumstances, so she was born in England but lived in the Canary Islands most of her life. But we were actually the first generation born in England. I have two Russia grandparents from the Soviet era, one Moldovan and one French. my family is quite a mixed bag , so we were the first generation born in England, but I consider myself English, as does my sister but she spent most of her life in Spain as I say, so she really torn between the two.

But I told her not to be selfish because she's already seen Spain win a World Cup haha
We are quite a mixed bag, as well. I am fully half English (Manchester) and half Spanish (Zaragoza), but have extended family (married in or adopted of sorts) from Catalonia, Euskadi, France, US (we live there now), and Switzerland/Germany.

My missus is Swiss, from Basel, so my son is, as well, along with British and American citizenship, as he was born in the US; Spain is more difficult even it comes to multiple nationalities, sl we are needing to jump through some hoops to get citizenship for him, as my mum had to when I was young.

As a result, we tend to see ourselves as more European than most mancs I know, including some of my family, which has lead to some… tension, at times.

It's odd that they didn't play the semi-finals on the same day in a back-to-back format, isn't it?

A 24-hour rest advantage for Spain after a long season/tournament is a potentially significant advantage. Out of curiosity, I looked at the World Cup in 2022, and they played all the knockout rounds on the same day. I wonder why UEFA hasn't done the same.

It's odd that they didn't play the semi-finals on the same day in a back-to-back format, isn't it?

A 24-hour rest advantage for Spain after a long season/tournament is a potentially significant advantage. Out of curiosity, I looked at the World Cup in 2022, and they played all the knockout rounds on the same day. I wonder why UEFA hasn't done the same.
Doesn't make that much difference as England won in normal time and it wasn't a highly physically demanding performance.

Our only hope is that the games v Germany, and France have taken it out of Spain.

This is the first time we're coming up against a team either on our level/better than us, and we usually lose these games.

Our only hope is that the games v Germany, and France have taken it out of Spain.

This is the first time we're coming up against a team either on our level/better than us, and we usually lose these games.
If only Spain were on our level!

If only Spain were on our level!
Ha true.

Talent-wise, there isn't much difference, but they are well-managed, have a clear style of play, and know their roles.

This game is where I think we'll miss Grealish. Especially his experience of playing against Carvajal, and his talent for winning free-kicks to alleviate the pressure we'll be under.

The Dutch midfield being shite helped us today, as it meant Mainoo's positioning wasn't a factor, and Rice and Bellingham could afford to have poor games. We won't get away with that against this Spanish team marshalled by Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.