Spanish police

Spanish police being dickheads is just accepted by UEFA and football in general, same with racism in russia and getting stabbed in the arse in Italy. If it was the other way round and happened in England though, heads would roll

I know. I've got zero confidence that anything will happen but I'm still e-mailing the club with my own experiences.
What email are you using? As you say - nothing will get done. Even if the club do complain, Real Madrid and the Spanish police will just laugh at it. Perhaps UEFA should be the one's to ask questions - Real Madrid would maybe have to take some notice then.

The Germans are the only ones you would want to be stood next to in a trench...and funny enough they are the decent ones when we visit.

Typical bullies and cowards the rest of our Southern European cousins,Greeks excluded.

What email are you using? As you say - nothing will get done. Even if the club do complain, Real Madrid and the Spanish police will just laugh at it. Perhaps UEFA should be the one's to ask questions - Real Madrid would maybe have to take some notice then.

I was going to address it to Lisa Eaton as she's the SLO.

I don't think this is necessarily Real Madrid's fault - it seems like the Madrid police have carte blanche to do what the fuck they want and someone on this thread has stated that Real fans got battered by the police at Atletico's ground some years back, an incident so serious that it made the national news in Spain.

Was this video footage a continuation of the City fans fighting amongst themselves in the fourth tier, directly behind where the lad filming it was stood/sat. I saw the City fans having a do at each other, but watched the game after that, it did spill down the stairs to the third tier but I lost interest util the lad was dragged out and it went off again as per the video. I saw no other trouble all day, yes it was loud and drink fueled, but fans mixed, even Atletico fans. To be honest there was less bother in the ground than at Wembley. My mate and I got to the ground at about 8pm, walked straight in as there were very few fans at the turnstiles. Got to say, the 2 searches, 1 before you presented your ticket at the turnstile scanner, then one after on the first flight of stairs was a bit over the top. The 5 or so open turnstiles were inadequate to cope with any sort of influx of fans, so I guess if 3 thousand turn up with 30 minutes or less to go, it was always going to get a bit heated. Fans were coming in with 20 plus minutes gone in the game. Remember, they rarely get large numbers of travelling fans in Spain, the authorities are bound to be twitchy, and it takes very little to set them, and to fair, fans off on one. What was the reason for slinging the lad out which seemed to cause the Punch and Judy show...?!
Somebody next to me turned up after 45 minutes with a treated split nose, said they were baton charged at the turnstiles, did that happen, was also told there was some inter city fan fighting in Plaza Mayor, did that happen. Other than the crap in the stands, I saw nowt, all good natured, singing, mixing fans and locals videoing us chanting. Never saw any cops wading in or looking for trouble..?!
Was it just the mad rush/crush to get in before KO?
I tell you what, if hundreds had rushed those turnstiles, they'd have got in, but only to be bitten by the big fuck off dogs on each stairway, and they can bite a few at a time...!
Leaving the stadium was slow but uneventful around us, although some on the plane back said it was problematic. The stadium entry and exit is not up to standard to be honest, certainly not when masses turn up with too little time to get through the security checks. I'd go again at the drop of a hat because I had a great experience, great food, drink and company, I just used my experience to avoid being fucked over.....!

Took this 10 minutes prior to kick off.
e4369eaac79b64fac147686285f04e5e.jpg

Was this video footage a continuation of the City fans fighting amongst themselves in the fourth tier, directly behind where the lad filming it was stood/sat. I saw the City fans having a do at each other, but watched the game after that, it did spill down the stairs to the third tier but I lost interest util the lad was dragged out and it went off again as per the video. I saw no other trouble all day, yes it was loud and drink fueled, but fans mixed, even Atletico fans. To be honest there was less bother in the ground than at Wembley. My mate and I got to the ground at about 8pm, walked straight in as there were very few fans at the turnstiles. Got to say, the 2 searches, 1 before you presented your ticket at the turnstile scanner, then one after on the first flight of stairs was a bit over the top. The 5 or so open turnstiles were inadequate to cope with any sort of influx of fans, so I guess if 3 thousand turn up with 30 minutes or less to go, it was always going to get a bit heated. Fans were coming in with 20 plus minutes gone in the game. Remember, they rarely get large numbers of travelling fans in Spain, the authorities are bound to be twitchy, and it takes very little to set them, and to fair, fans off on one. What was the reason for slinging the lad out which seemed to cause the Punch and Judy show...?!
Somebody next to me turned up after 45 minutes with a treated split nose, said they were baton charged at the turnstiles, did that happen, was also told there was some inter city fan fighting in Plaza Mayor, did that happen. Other than the crap in the stands, I saw nowt, all good natured, singing, mixing fans and locals videoing us chanting. Never saw any cops wading in or looking for trouble..?!
Was it just the mad rush/crush to get in before KO?
I tell you what, if hundreds had rushed those turnstiles, they'd have got in, but only to be bitten by the big fuck off dogs on each stairway, and they can bite a few at a time...!
Leaving the stadium was slow but uneventful around us, although some on the plane back said it was problematic. The stadium entry and exit is not up to standard to be honest, certainly not when masses turn up with too little time to get through the security checks. I'd go again at the drop of a hat because I had a great experience, great food, drink and company, I just used my experience to avoid being fucked over.....!

That was just one of many incidents involving the police mate. They were a bunch of cunts, end of. There are comments on here including one from a fan who got battered for trying to protect his 6 months pregnant girlfriend.

I'm glad you didn't caught up in it but it's dangerous to think that because you weren't on the receiving end yourself it wasn't that bad because believe me, it was. Most fans caught in the chaos outside actually turned up much earlier than they would for a game over here and regardless of them not being used to big away followings in Spain, there were no issues getting us into the ground in Sevilla and Barca last year wasn't too bad either.

I didn't see any trouble in Plaza Mayor or anywhere else all day but even if it did happen, it would've involved a tiny minority of our support out there and is no excuse whatsoever for the indiscriminate police brutality. I got a twatting for trying to make my way to my seat from the concourse - no mouthing off from me or anything. It was completely and utterly unwarranted and one bloke who got similar treatment walked out of the ground in disgust.

See the fan against the barrier with the riot copper - he got a right kicking and batoning. He was then made to stand there for ages - don't know if they eventually let him in.

I'm somewhere in that mass of fans - the crush was quite hairy to be honest. Why they didn't have a proper queueing system with barriers like you can see on the other side of the checkpoint is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.