Spanish police

Wrong. The government approved the new security law in 2014, I think. Now taking photos or videos of a police, police car, ... Can be sanctioned with jail. So don't do that. You are foreigners, so you won't go to jail, but you will be beat up for sure.
Seems fair.

Ever since we qualified for European games over the last five seasons or so I've thought about going to one or two places but in the end the gratuitous violence inflicted by 'law and order operatives' has persuaded me that I am better off not going. Too many of the Spanish police just use foreign fans as riot practice and if there is no riot they will manufacture one! If you could collect yer ticket from our Stadium and then go along to the match, and then drift off the way you do at The Etihad, I'd be interested, but this 'cattle rounding' and 'sheep herding' is something Uefa should be addressing!
Spanish police were disgraceful & as there invited into the stadium by the club uefa should treat them as hoolies & maybe show Madrid who the boss is & make them play behind closed doors. We got to the stadium 40 mins before kick off &got in 20mins late city's club reps & gmp's reps especially the latter were cowards to say the least if it's beyond your jurastiction as you kept saying what the fuck were you doing there how long before the Spanish police kill a football fan & then police can fill there notepads in with them sound familiar. Hi
It's nothing personal, as in to call these men "scum" is pointless as it's the lack of communication skills and tolerance levels that is the problem. Can't blame the trigger happy guardia here, just the way in which they are trained.

They're just doing a job, and are told what to do themselves.... So do as you're told and don't fuck about.
There is no reason to attack without imminent danger, but luckily it didn't escalate into a full blown riot.

Travelled all over Spain, watched city/England and Malaga CF plenty of times and never had any problems with Police.
Madrid invite the police into the stadium so should face sanctions for not controlling them. I'm more disgusted with gmp's representative s if as you kept saying it's out of your jurastiction what the fuck were you doing there. One day the Spanish police will kill a footy fan & our police can get there notepads together with them. Sound familiar. Our club officials should strongly complain to ueafa or possibly give us sky blue crash helmets instead of daft wrist bands. Got to the ground 40mins before the kick off got in 20mins into the game due to being kettled at the entrances by police thugs cracking anyone with there battons.

Spanish police were disgraceful & as there invited into the stadium by the club uefa should treat them as hoolies & maybe show Madrid who the boss is & make them play behind closed doors. We got to the stadium 40 mins before kick off &got in 20mins late city's club reps & gmp's reps especially the latter were cowards to say the least if it's beyond your jurastiction as you kept saying what the fuck were you doing there how long before the Spanish police kill a football fan & then police can fill there notepads in with them sound familiar. Hi

Madrid invite the police into the stadium so should face sanctions for not controlling them. I'm more disgusted with gmp's representative s if as you kept saying it's out of your jurastiction what the fuck were you doing there. One day the Spanish police will kill a footy fan & our police can get there notepads together with them. Sound familiar. Our club officials should strongly complain to ueafa or possibly give us sky blue crash helmets instead of daft wrist bands. Got to the ground 40mins before the kick off got in 20mins into the game due to being kettled at the entrances by police thugs cracking anyone with there battons.
Other than the match we had belting three days.

Wrong. The government approved the new security law in 2014, I think. Now taking photos or videos of a police, police car, ... Can be sanctioned with jail. So don't do that. You are foreigners, so you won't go to jail, but you will be beat up for sure.

There you have it folks, we asked for it and got it.

FFS!

There you have it folks, we asked for it and got it.

FFS!
LOL, I am not justifying it. I just inform because this can cause you trouble if you go to Spain. It's called the gag law (has more stuff in it) , and has caused a lot of controversy.
And this is totally normal. Don't think police only do this to foreign football fans.

Pd : or to football fans at all.

Edit. If I remember correctly, Spain is the country in the European Union where human rights are less respected. Data by Un.

I have read all the above posts and wish to add my own experience of Wednesday night. I am 75 years of age disabled needing the use of a walking stick, and was at the game with my grandson.
We arrived at the stadium and were waiting for the stewards to start checking tickets and passport at this time there were around 30 or 40 fans patently waiting to be checked. Without any warning I was shoved by a policeman and he indicated I should move over to my left, I raised my stick only 4 or 5 inches and pointed to it ( I made no movements which could be construed as attempting to attack an office) and said I was not moving and made gestured that I was with my grandson. The officer pushed again and one or two city fans commented on this action, at this one of his colleges pulled him away. We were not late or pushing but just waiting as I have said in an orderly manner. Leaving the ground was a shambles for anyone with mobility problems. One staircase for all fans. I hung back and stood in the doorway leading back to the seats along with 4 other elderly gents, Here again the stewards tried to make us join the crush and it ended up with I presume a senior steward telling us to stay where we were. When we joined the fans leaving it was difficult to manage the stairs request to use the lift were turned down and the escalators had been turned off. About a third of the way down a member of RM own security took me to the back of the stairs and I went down a spiral similar to the Etihad. Reflecting on my experience I feel that I saw the best and the worst of policing and stewarding of away fans. I have emailed the club and perhaps if there are sufficient complaints UEFA will act. I do not accept that because it happened outside they cannot act. UEFA/RM set up the checks outside and I would argue that this then is covered by UEFA regulations. Why one exit? perhaps to speed up checks of the stadium regardless of any potential risk to the fans.

UEFA probably asked the twats to dish out beatings for the booing... their government doesn't care, the only real punishment to stop it happening would be if the club themselves are punished as a result of what's gone on, which would be dished out by you guessed it UEFA. So in short those City fans are left with nobody to turn to and it could happen again in the future... nobody turns up and it's look City have no fans see we told ya. Maybe that's all conspiracy theory though.

I have read all the above posts and wish to add my own experience of Wednesday night. I am 75 years of age disabled needing the use of a walking stick, and was at the game with my grandson.
We arrived at the stadium and were waiting for the stewards to start checking tickets and passport at this time there were around 30 or 40 fans patently waiting to be checked. Without any warning I was shoved by a policeman and he indicated I should move over to my left, I raised my stick only 4 or 5 inches and pointed to it ( I made no movements which could be construed as attempting to attack an office) and said I was not moving and made gestured that I was with my grandson. The officer pushed again and one or two city fans commented on this action, at this one of his colleges pulled him away. We were not late or pushing but just waiting as I have said in an orderly manner. Leaving the ground was a shambles for anyone with mobility problems. One staircase for all fans. I hung back and stood in the doorway leading back to the seats along with 4 other elderly gents, Here again the stewards tried to make us join the crush and it ended up with I presume a senior steward telling us to stay where we were. When we joined the fans leaving it was difficult to manage the stairs request to use the lift were turned down and the escalators had been turned off. About a third of the way down a member of RM own security took me to the back of the stairs and I went down a spiral similar to the Etihad. Reflecting on my experience I feel that I saw the best and the worst of policing and stewarding of away fans. I have emailed the club and perhaps if there are sufficient complaints UEFA will act. I do not accept that because it happened outside they cannot act. UEFA/RM set up the checks outside and I would argue that this then is covered by UEFA regulations. Why one exit? perhaps to speed up checks of the stadium regardless of any potential risk to the fans.
Sorry to laugh at your bad situation (I really do hope you enjoy and are treated better at your away matches more than you did the Bernebaeu) but I did laugh out loud when I read the underlined bit.

Sorry to laugh at your bad situation (I really do hope you enjoy and are treated better at your away matches more than you did the Bernebaeu) but I did laugh out loud when I read the underlined bit.
Yes I am having a good laugh myself now, I suppose I've more chance of winning the lottery,

My apologies I did not realise I had flown to North Korea............. You have a beautiful country, it is my third visit to Madrid, (once for 7 days with my wife - 2 for football). In 2006 I travelled for a month the length of Spain, I have stayed at Salamanca, Granada, Extremadura, I have been everywhere and the Spanish are wonderful, friendly helpful people .................... so what makes someone a thug when they come from such a wonderful country?
I accept you are posting in good faith and I will assume the law you speak of is to counter terrorism so in that sense it is fair but clearly it is misused by thugs in uniform who enjoy violence whilst hiding behind a uniform.

They bring shame to your country and I mean that, a beautiful country shamed by scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.