Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Might be a daft question but is there any obvious benefit to finishing near the top of this table? Other than actually qualifying obviously. Do you get an easier knock out draw the higher up you finish or something? Because if it's just a case of you either qualify or you don't then it makes the whole league table thing a bit pointless.
Top 3 are seeded I believe .

This is true, but the real issue is only playing a team once, and the that means you play more games against the shit teams, and there are therfore more virtually meaningless games than before.
But equally, we play more top teams because instead of avoiding pot 1 teams completely (with us being in pot 1 ourselves), we now play 2 games against 2 different pot 1 teams.

Take away the first two minutes of the first half and the rest was as dim as ditchwater. The second half i thought could not be as mind-numbing, and it wasn't. Did one of ours actually handle the ball for Ake's goal or was it another VAR scrubbing. The ref def gave the goal and the BBC website said 'VAR decision'. Wonder if VAR told the ref to scrap it? But if yer gonna play a ten man defensive block you have a lot of running to do, and yer finishing needs to be clinical. Prague couldn't manage either.

Good win, poor first half, great second half. Seemingly no more injuries which is arguably the most important thing right now. Healthy goal difference too which could be key. Some outrageous goals. On to the next.
Sums it all up nicely. I would add that the synchronised Sparta fans were quite amusing in the first half. More interesting than the game in the first half at times. Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.