Speed awareness course

If that’s the rules then fair enough.. Think I ll sue my driving instructor from 30 years ago as he definitely didn’t tell me that:)

However how would a motorist know what the legal distance of street lights are when driving down a road before knowing what my speed to do without any signs?
Forget lamp posts Street lights etc. The simple rule is, if there are no signs it is 30.mph any other speed has to be clearly indicated by signs. The only time 30 is shown is when leaving a higher speed limit.

I cant believe I'm posting this.. yeah another bored man with no football to watch.

Im sure I was taught that you could go travel at plus 10% of the speed limit without any issue. So 33 in a 30. Etc. Ive never been caught seeding and have applied that rule for 30 years.

I think the Daily Mail us an awful paper. I have no idea why a respected journo like Martin Samuel writes for them.

:-)

Last edited:
I cant believe I'm posting this.. yeah another bored man with no football to watch.

Im sure I was taught that you could go travel at plus 10% of the speed limit without any issue. So 33 in a 30. Etc. Ive never been caught seeding and have applied that rule for 30 years.

My driving instructor told me this rule when I was 17! I too have stuck by it and only had one speeding ticket when I was a daft 19 year old (34 now).

Also worth remembering that most car speedos tell you you’re going faster than you really are.

I've just got notification of a speeding offence in Bury, doing 38 on a 30 limit. I do about 50k per year, I'm a courteous driver, I'll stop for pedestrians to cross if it's older people or parents with kids, I never drive dangerously and never jump red lights, I don't remember the day I was supposedly going over the limit but I almost guarantee I wasn't putting anyone in danger, fuming, but I'll just tell my accountant to reduce my tax by a £100 to pay for the course:-)
I think it's called...' Motoring expences '

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.