Spoilt and Lost

Stillsy said:
I have to agree OP but we all know the club is changing ever so slightly.

Yesterday I had to sit in the North stand because I didn't book my tickets for 110 early enough where my season ticket is. Anyway I was sat there and there was 5 Chinese lads must have been late teens. They all had the half and half scarfs city bobble hats and one had a fake sergio aguero top on. A fella next to them asked if it was there first time to the etihad and they all nodded and started chanting 'city...city...city' and kissing the badge. They was shouting 'city forever' and at one point they was screaming for Balotelli to be brought on. I had my head in my hands and was just embarrassed.

Don't get me fucking started on these pillocks what turn up to cup games.

I honestly think some fans genuinely enjoy moaning. Maybe all week they have to do what the government, boss or missus says and then on a match day they can let it all out and have a good moan at someone else for 90 minutes. The guy who sits next to me is great but has the annoying habit of comparing our players to other players, so for instance when Lescott messes up it's Vidic wouldn't have done that. Last night he came out with the classic "Messi wouldn't have done that" ( for Silva ) and couldn't understand why I was creased up with laughter!

Stillsy said:
I have to agree OP but we all know the club is changing ever so slightly.

Yesterday I had to sit in the North stand because I didn't book my tickets for 110 early enough where my season ticket is. Anyway I was sat there and there was 5 Chinese lads must have been late teens. They all had the half and half scarfs city bobble hats and one had a fake sergio aguero top on. A fella next to them asked if it was there first time to the etihad and they all nodded and started chanting 'city...city...city' and kissing the badge. They was shouting 'city forever' and at one point they was screaming for Balotelli to be brought on. I had my head in my hands and was just embarrassed.

What I cant undersand is why anyone would want to buy the half and half scarves
Also why if you were trying to make money would you consider selling them ,they are useless for most of the season

Tell me about it boys. I knew there where people like this who attend the cup matches but fortunately I have never come across them as this was one of the only times I booked my tickets late.

I know this comes with success and we have to get on with it but I'm never gunna be happy about it.

i think its more to do with these THREE things...

Crowd mentality

Stupid people who are set in their stupid ways

nervousness

make of that what you will, but i think we should all just forget last night and move on, players were really nervous and they are only human, they dont have the luxury of looking on from the stands they have to train everyday

The only thing I'd add is people who are happy to say (for example) 'Kolarov is shit' should remember some of those we've had playing for us in that position over the past 40 years and think on.

This is the best squad we've ever had. I mean, ever. But it's still not good enough for some.

I can't agree with the nerves comment , most players get nerves before a big game but once that whistle blows all them nerves should have gone out of the window.

I sit in 107 and even though we have everyone in 109 standing and getting song started, a lot of 107 don't get involved in the songs. It spreads because of it, I don't want to stand up on my own and sing when everyone else around me is sat not getting involved.

I imagine a lot of people around the stadium are in the same position regarding getting up and chanting/singing.

Didsbury Dave said:
I sit at the front of 328. But I go away too.

We are a very strong team who should be ripping more teams apart. Most of our fans have realistic expectations, in fact I'd say many don't realise how good we can be. If "the money" has done anything to our fans it's made them bloody grateful, and rightly upped their expectations.

Some football fans have always been dicks and some are OK. It's been like that forever and is the same at every club.

I don't know why I rise to this sort of shit to be honest.

Personally I agree with you, we have a fantastic team that, on its day, has no need to fear anybody. The money has made me grateful, grateful that there'll be no more third division play offs, no more relegations and so on. But it hasn't made me any different as far as my attitude to winning and success is. I want us to win every week of course I do, but I don't get all worked up about it when we don't.

Last night was not a good game, instead of one player having an off day it was most of them. But we won and it should be put down as one of those days and hey, at the end of it we still won.

It was a team made up of the same players, by the same manager that have us sitting top of the league - had it been our fifth successive loss and we were firmly rooted to the bottom of the table I could undestand all the whingeing - but we aren't down there.

The trouble is there seems to be a lot of people who now expect a win every game and, when we don't, start ripping into players and Mancini's tactics. It does seem a bit of a spoilt brat attitude - I wanna win or I'm gonna skweem and skweem (and post on BM) til I'm sick.

Maybe they're just getting carried away with it all - we have taken a rather large leap from a Villa/Everton sort of team to being in the same elite group as Chelsea, Arsenal and errrrr whatsit, Newca... Spur........ anyway. There wasn't much of a transiton it was just wham bam here we are in the big boys club and people have become a bit giddy and their realism has been left behind in the rush.

My point is that there are a lot of people on here and sat around me at the game (212) that forget the players they are slagging and the manager who is clueless about his substitutions are, in most cases, the very same ones that got us into the CL in the firstplace. Yet for one night only they are shit and clueless. The sooner people realise that players need our support when they least deserve it the better - cheering Silva when he's on fire isn't going to make him play much better but giving him some support when he's having an off day might. The spoilt brats that the OP is refering to can't see this though - play how I want you to or I'll be horrible and call you names.

It is time a few people had a reality check - stop and think about who you're going to slag off and why - otherwise you're going to sound like the rags we all hate so much - win win win I wanna win or I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram. Learn to lose with dignity and accept it isn't all going to go our way. We used to be famous for our sense of humour - lets keep it that way It's hard to be seen as anything other than the richest club in the world at the moment. Everyone is waiting for us to trip up which, inevitably, we will at some point. When we do lets just take it on the chin, accept it gracefully and look forward to the next game and keep our dignity - just like the rags DON'T!
---------------------

Anyway Dave you rise to this shit because
'You're Didsbury Dave,
You're Didsbury Daaaaave,
You'll rise to this shit,
'cos your Didsbury Daaaaave

BatleyBlue said:
I sit in 107 and even though we have everyone in 109 standing and getting song started, a lot of 107 don't get involved in the songs. It spreads because of it, I don't want to stand up on my own and sing when everyone else around me is sat not getting involved.

I imagine a lot of people around the stadium are in the same position regarding getting up and chanting/singing.
It's the same in 105. Last night the bloke next to me said "the fans here are very quiet aren't they?". I actually sang "it's so quiet, it's so quiet at City, it's so quiet, it's......." I sang it fairly queitly to myself but i reckon five rows around me could hear me, i got a few looks! haha! There's about seven people in 105 who sing. We try and join in with every song the East/South Corner and the South Stand sing as i can hear both places equally well from where i am (when they can be bothered). Sometimes it's a bit soul destroying as another song just fades away into the sky, never sung by tens of thousands.

There's about 10 lads at the very back of 104 who sing, actually start songs off. Well done to them. Keep it up whoever you are! They often get the "CIIIIIIIITTTYYYY, clap clap clap, City, clap clap clap, City..." and "come on City, come on City" chants going that spread around the whole stadium. Maybe you could go for a few different ones guys (if you're reading) because i reckon you could get something going!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.