Spoilt and Lost

I've missed the Ciiiiity, clap clap clap one - I didn't think that'd got going since the Kippax days. I certainly haven't heard it in 107.

Yeah, I feel a bit of a prat when a song dies out when you're mid-flow and it happens a lot where we are. I don't know the best solution to this other than joining the singing section. Just seems a waste as we're 2 blocks from the singing section and would be giving up a better view.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Stillsy said:
I have to agree OP but we all know the club is changing ever so slightly.

Yesterday I had to sit in the North stand because I didn't book my tickets for 110 early enough where my season ticket is. Anyway I was sat there and there was 5 Chinese lads must have been late teens. They all had the half and half scarfs city bobble hats and one had a fake sergio aguero top on. A fella next to them asked if it was there first time to the etihad and they all nodded and started chanting 'city...city...city' and kissing the badge. They was shouting 'city forever' and at one point they was screaming for Balotelli to be brought on. I had my head in my hands and was just embarrassed.
Oh dear, unfortunately we need these new fans to make money to drive forward as a club

To be honest i find it more embarrassing when people sing munich Chants, but then that's just me.

Didsbury Dave said:
pride in battle said:
In fact last night could be a huge turning point for the team, a very lackluster performance BUT we ground out a fantastic win in the end, them lot across the road have been doing this for years AND that is what makes a trophy winning team, play crap and still win, we aren't going to beat teams 3 and 4 nil every week but the time you have an off day you can still pull a result out of the bag, that gives the team a winning mentality and in sport this is absolutely crucial, the rags don't panic when they need a goal because they know they will create a chance.I despise Neville but if you listen to him he always preaches NOT to panic as there is plenty of time left, keep playing football and you will score.
So all in all a great night and another learning curve for our beloved blues.
viz-spoiltbastard.jpg

Tut tut..

BatleyBlue said:
I've missed the Ciiiiity, clap clap clap one - I didn't think that'd got going since the Kippax days. I certainly haven't heard it in 107.

Yeah, I feel a bit of a prat when a song dies out when you're mid-flow and it happens a lot where we are. I don't know the best solution to this other than joining the singing section. Just seems a waste as we're 2 blocks from the singing section and would be giving up a better view.

Was pleased to hear a couple of renditions of 'who the fuck are man united' did exactly that - why sing about them at a game between City and Villareal? At derby by all means but why show you're thinking about them when City are playing. City - that's all you should be concerned about - not them!

pride in battle said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pride in battle said:
In fact last night could be a huge turning point for the team, a very lackluster performance BUT we ground out a fantastic win in the end, them lot across the road have been doing this for years AND that is what makes a trophy winning team, play crap and still win, we aren't going to beat teams 3 and 4 nil every week but the time you have an off day you can still pull a result out of the bag, that gives the team a winning mentality and in sport this is absolutely crucial, the rags don't panic when they need a goal because they know they will create a chance.I despise Neville but if you listen to him he always preaches NOT to panic as there is plenty of time left, keep playing football and you will score.
So all in all a great night and another learning curve for our beloved blues.
viz-spoiltbastard.jpg

Tut tut..

I was joking mate, look at the bit I highlighted. Yours was a decent post.

I'll tell you what I've noticed. My seasoncard is up in 305, because I like to watch the pattern of the game from above, and prefer it that way. I sat in 127 by the tunnel last night for a change, and loved the proximity to Bobby and the bench, and yes I have to admit I took some pics...may God strike me down as a plastic.

In my normal seat, and I've said this to my mate on numerous occasions as it really winds me up, that there are so many people there now who treat the game like the cinema or theatre, not like a football match.

Having a drink on the concourse until the teams are ready to kick off (two mins before kick off and the place looks empty), leaving seats ten mins before half time to get some more drink/food, coming back after we have kicked off again, constantly having to stand up to let someone out during the game who wants a top up, coming back laden with hot dogs.... then the old chestnut of leaving early.

Its not just the odd one or two, its hundreds!! If you look around at any time during the game, there are constant streams of people disappearing down the exits for whatever fix they cant wait for.

I just think there is a new breed of supporter now, and we have to get used to it.

I loved the South stand idea last night, and like DD said, it seemed to 'balance' the ground. I thought it was a pretty decent atmosphere, considering the early goal, and to watch Bobbys reaction at close quarters to the winner brought a tear to my eye....

Roll on Sunday :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.