Spuds v CITY - Official Match Thread

Ade was poor,time to give rsc adecent run.I also think Hughes made a poor decision playing sylvinho tonight imo Barry was the man to play there Lennon set the flow of the game with a great 1st half and we never recovered.MUST WIN GAME ON SATURDAY now

First post. London City fan here.

It just seems our defence is not with it and anyone with a will to live can break us down.
It is a manager's duty to build a defence to stop teams scoring against them, and all I see is us being pretty good scoring against teams when we are down...like Sven and Keegan before Hughes. I do appreciate how Alex Ferguson kept his job during early days at Utd but I don't believe Hughes is in the same boat as Fergy as much as I hate to admit.

I will always support the team I was told to 30+ years ago by my late uncle. But I really hope we start bucking our ideas up. We are leaking goals and first job must be to stop that.

City till I die!

Mick Mcarthys Wolves reserves who played at the swamp and got beat the same score, would have done as well as our lot tonight,Really pissed off,as most of us are:-(

The problem was the defence!

Sylvinho simply is not good enough
Onouha is ok but not good enough
Richards is ok but not good enough

And in january we lose Toure, our best defender.
In my opinion we need 2 maybe 3 defenders in january.

Ontop of that without Bellamy and SWP we werent strong enough going forward.

tonethestone said:
, Robi and Ade should both be embarrassed at that display,

But they won't be because they are prancing, piss-taking mingers.

Oh well, at least we had one thing in common with Spurs tonight...... we both kept giving the ball to their players! Gave up at half time and did a quiz at a pub that didn't even have a telly. Fu***ng rubbish. Eighth in the table, behind Birmingham. Fantastic. Bring on January, because from what I saw, Adebayor is a waste of space, ditto Robinho, ditto Toure, ....in fact keep Given and have a serious think about the rest. I would keep Ireland, Given, Tevez, De Jong and not many more. Bloody disgrace, considering the money that's been spent. Can we not get a decent centre back like that bloke Villa have got... what's his name...Dunne isn't it? Better than that tit Lescott, what we spent 20 odd million on. If Joe Mercer had got this sort of money.........oh well. Go Brum. win a few games and get up there. More than we can manage.

We were having this exact same conversation this time last year. That's what rankles. Absolutely bloody noting has changed.

ianw16 said:
Oh well, at least we had one thing in common with Spurs tonight...... we both kept giving the ball to their players! Gave up at half time and did a quiz at a pub that didn't even have a telly. Fu***ng rubbish. Eighth in the table, behind Birmingham. Fantastic. Bring on January, because from what I saw, Adebayor is a waste of space, ditto Robinho, ditto Toure, ....in fact keep Given and have a serious think about the rest. I would keep Ireland, Given, Tevez, De Jong and not many more. Bloody disgrace, considering the money that's been spent. Can we not get a decent centre back like that bloke Villa have got... what's his name...Dunne isn't it? Better than that tit Lescott, what we spent 20 odd million on. If Joe Mercer had got this sort of money.........oh well. Go Brum. win a few games and get up there. More than we can manage.

Lol Tottenham were just better on the day, we're still only 4 points behind them and half a season to play I won't be too fussed about it until our performance in the Semifinal against the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.