Spuds Watch

Soulboy said:
PowderBlue said:
Spuds are our main rivals this term in my view - finish above them and we'll reach the CL all being well, and being ahead of anyone else will be a bonus.

They have played us at home, then Stoke away, Wigan home and West Brom away. That is an easier start than we have had - tbf they have had a similar tale of woe with injuries.

Guess what - we are above them.

Their next game is Wolves home, which they will probably win, so Wigan away win is a must for us.

You not think Liverpool and even Everton are also a threat to us?

I certainly do.

Same here

It's not just Spurs who are up for fourth. Both dippers will there abouts. However I expected us, Spurs and Everton to start better than we have. I don't know what to expect from Liverpool but I can't believe they will be as bad as last season. But all of us have a lot of improving to do.

Ok we have our noses in front.
They threw away a two goal lead in the CL this week, and whislt I only saw the highlights on MOTD, they had a big dose of luck in winning yesterday against Wolves at home.

so far it seems to be panning out that they currently have more firepower than us, but are inconsistent and seeem to have caught Arsenals soft centre. They rely heavily on Bale, who is on fire, and if he picks up a knock they will struggle.

Next week obviously we have Chelski, which will be tough but we did them last year, and Spuds have West Ham away, which could be a tricky fixture.

There's a long way to go. We have had an ok start. Moving 13th to 4th with one win just shows how tight it is after only 5 games. Lose v Chelski and we are bottom half probably, win and we are looking pretty in 4th or better.

Spurs are definitely the ones to watch, big squad who have similar injuries to us. Listening to the radio on the way back from Wigan heard that all Spurs CL games are followed by home games in the Prem. This is a definite advantage, one they benefited from v Wolves.

That said, take away Bales I don't think Spurs are in good form. They were lucky v Wolves.

City however have only conceded 2 goals and we all know their circumstances. Top teams have top defences.

Balotelli, Ade, Boateng, Kolarov to come in. It's looking good. Draw or better on Saturday v the champions will do nicely.

last season surprised me even when we beat bolton-the saturday before the City game I wasn't confident because Spurs always let you down, i think now we have a much stronger resolve, everyone says the CL will affect our league form but you'll play just as many if not more european games. You guys are all saying we're a one season wonder and you're much better than us and you'll defo beat us to it this year and I undertand that you're confident you've a great squad I just would presume you'll def finish about us. i'd say there'll be alot of twists and turns along the way.

Spurs fan in peace said:
last season surprised me even when we beat bolton-the saturday before the City game I wasn't confident because Spurs always let you down, i think now we have a much stronger resolve, everyone says the CL will affect our league form but you'll play just as many if not more european games. You guys are all saying we're a one season wonder and you're much better than us and you'll defo beat us to it this year and I undertand that you're confident you've a great squad I just would presume you'll def finish about us. i'd say there'll be alot of twists and turns along the way.

Not all of us are conceited enough to assume we will finish above Spurs. We are intergrating new players and we all know that can take time. Our squad is very strong and should cope with all the comps. The Europa does bring the advantage of resting a few key players whereas the CL doesn't. You got away with it on Saturday. Hopefully you won't again.

VDV was shrewd signing. Will be key in the CL for Spurs.

You seem an ok sort of chap, welcome to BM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.