Spurious Claim to Fame

Coming home from an away match at Forest in the early 70’s came across a car stopped at the side of the road. One of my mates saw it was Neil Young and some complete stranger. Pulled over and asked if we could be of assistance.

The driver was a Manchester club comedian and he said the car had just given up the ghost but he knew there was a garage a couple of miles up the road.

We made room by people sitting on each others knees and took Neil and his mate to the garage. Not been there long when up rolls the team bus, Neil flagged it down thanked us for the help and hopped on the bus leaving his mate at the garage. We continued our journey home following the bus.

The lion suit photo is on p248

Morris does say that the full lion body costume is "phallic", which might tell you more about him than the costume wearer?
I wondered for years why he made that reference, until relatively recently when a mate pointed out the positioning of the tail of the lion. Have another gander at the photo.

Before he died he lived in a flat on Mottram road, Stalybridge. Saw him in a chippy in Stalybridge and he looked painfully thin and haggered. Upset me seeing him close to death because I loved watching him as a kid. Without Alex Higgins snooker wouldn't be what it is today.
Greatest snooker player ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.