Spurs’ new stadium

No, I'm just not accusing them of deliberating defrauding people, as you are. Brave. Reckless, to the point of insanity, but definitely brave.

I'm hardly the first person on this thread who holds such a view. And why is it such a brave and reckless view to hold? Is Daniel Levy going to sign up to the forum and proceed to type me to death? Fuck me, I'm shitting a brick now.

Ive booked train tickets as the game was confirmed for sky tv. This was announced on or around 7th August which means that shortly before spurs would have been approached about the date change the police would have had to be approved so at that time if there was any doubt about the game going ahead it should have been advised then.
They basically gave the green light then just a couple of weeks later are backtracking.
Spurs are wholly responsible for this shambles and I sincerely hope they will have the decency to admit it and reimburse fans losses.
In the grand scheme of things will cost them a pittance to do so and might actually go some way to improving relationships.
In my view whilst they may refuse then for me that would be the final kick in the teeth to show that fans mean absolutely fuck all to the club's and we are entirely dispensable.

Ive booked train tickets as the game was confirmed for sky tv. This was announced on or around 7th August which means that shortly before spurs would have been approached about the date change the police would have had to be approved so at that time if there was any doubt about the game going ahead it should have been advised then.
They basically gave the green light then just a couple of weeks later are backtracking.
Spurs are wholly responsible for this shambles and I sincerely hope they will have the decency to admit it and reimburse fans losses.
In the grand scheme of things will cost them a pittance to do so and might actually go some way to improving relationships.
In my view whilst they may refuse then for me that would be the final kick in the teeth to show that fans mean absolutely fuck all to the club's and we are entirely dispensable.
Not sure how reliable this is but there's a suggestion that the game could go ahead but with some stands closed.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/twickenham-spurs-man-city-venue-15032459

Not sure how reliable this is but there's a suggestion that the game could go ahead but with some stands closed.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/twickenham-spurs-man-city-venue-15032459

This has been covered earlier in the thread. The main contractor is legally responsible for everything that occurs in the stadium until the date he hands it over to Spurs. He cannot hand over a half finished stadium as then he would not be liable for any faults found afterwards. Further his insurance are very unlikely to allow footballers and fans into a stadium that is not finished and does not have the required safety certificates, (never mind the police not allowing it post Hillsboro) Think back to when we moved to the Eitihad, they had a fan day where we all turned up to allow them to check everything, only after this happened were City granted the neccasary certificates. I cannot see it every being played in an unfinished stadium that does not have the neccasary sign off/safety certs. The bastards will be allowed to postpone and it will be playe at the end of the season when we have a fixture pile up.

I reckon the CL games will be both on the Tuesday and this one will be at Wembley on the Friday night. Shouldn’t be beyond the wit of EUFA to sort that out, as a one off.
Not going to happen. Wembley is totally dedicated to the NFL for 3 weeks:
Sun Oct 14 Seattle Seahawks Oakland Raiders
Sun Oct 21 Tennessee Titans Los Angeles Chargers
Sun Oct 28 Philadelphia Eagles Jacksonville Jaguars
I'm pretty sure there is NFL exhibition during this period too.
I wouldn't want City playing on that pitch for 2 weeks after an NFL game either. It will be a mess.

Last edited:
I'm hardly the first person on this thread who holds such a view. And why is it such a brave and reckless view to hold? Is Daniel Levy going to sign up to the forum and proceed to type me to death? Fuck me, I'm shitting a brick now.
I'm assured by someone who works for City that they are sticking up for City season ticket holders. They have told Spurs that they have to pay City fans for the inconvienience if the game is rearranged. (Though don't be surprised if this is in the form of free travel to the rearanged game.)

Spurs winging it with totally unrealistic expectations as to when their new stadium will be ready..............it should be Spurs forking out because it's clear as day that they've been giving misleading information regarding timescales of when the stadium will be ready.

Everyone with a half a brain cell can see that they've been sat on this info for ages

There’s an awful lot of conjecture and misinformation about this stadium issue circulating on this thread, of which the above is a typical example.

I know that Spurs is not a popular club among City fans (to put it mildly!) and I dare say that the same misinformation would be circulating on Spurs forums if the shoe was on the other foot. But I hope you don’t mind if I offer the view from the other side which, naturally enough (having followed this project in every detail for 10 years and having access to those who are closely involved in it), is rather more informed about the true circumstances.

Until the beginning of this week, the stadium was fully on course to open on September 15th. I have seen comments about how unfinished the stadium still looks externally. But the only major job that remains to be done is the installation of a perforated aluminium cladding. In the bowl, most seats are installed and the pitch area requires only the top layer of turf. Both jobs could comfortably be completed within a week. The roof is all but finished. And work on access areas around the stadium is well advanced. There quite a lot to do internally but fit out can progress at a rapid pace. All in all, even if there would still be a fair bit to complete after September 15th, everyone at Spurs was fully confident that the stadium would open as planned.

But testing and commissioning at the weekend revealed an issue with circuitry specifically relating to fire alarms. There are apparently some 10,000 circuits in the stadium and now, on the say so of the BCO, each of them has to be checked. That is as things stand. If you can be bothered to read it, I’ve posted below what I have been told by a senior project manager who is highly experienced in the field of major construction projects. It well illustrates the difficulties that routinely blight construction projects and that Spurs now face:

Electrical sub-contractors are in the invidious position of having a legal requirement to sign off on their own work with the added onus of their declaration of completion being simultaneously a safety certification. This makes them naturally loath to do so until as late as possible, especially if their contracted segment is part of a complex integration with other contractors' segments, be it electrical, IT or safety systems (in this build there are several other segments too, given that the stadium functions also as an industrial brewery, entertainment complex, leisure centre and various other ancillary roles normally restricted to dedicated structural projects but in this case combined).

The main contractor can tackle this in two ways - either insist on each segment being "passed" by the sub-contractor at point of completion, or employ an intermediary electrical contractor to assume separate responsibility for the integration as each segment completes and then pass these at each point along the way, an approach that makes it easier for the final arbiter of safety, the council, to pass the entire build in one go but which also has huge potential for cumulative small delays along the way as well as higher costs as the sub-contractor's role does not complete until the third part says so. In this case, because of the time constraint, a "middle road" seems to have been pursued in which some sub-contractors' work was deemed complete and safe based on their unilateral declaration while others working on more critical systems awaited integrational testing prior to being released, the risk taken therefore being that a previously "passed" system, not originally considered as high-priority in relation to safety, is deemed ultimately unsafe when viewed as part of the integrated whole and prevents other "passed" systems, even ones of critical priority, to be cleared until the lesser system is also addressed. They seem to have taken this risk and lucked out. The main contractor in this case, anticipating the BCO, has declared itself dissatisfied with the level of integration at this point of the project and insisted on more time, previously unanticipated, to address this.

If this wasn't a football club's stadium, in which so much more is at stake commercially regarding perceptions of performance -often held and expressed by absolute ignoramuses when it comes to construction and what this entails - then it would amount to a slightly embarrassing delay while some company moves into its new headquarters or similar, a very normal occurrence (in fact an absolute norm when it comes to big builds). Unfortunately for Spurs, and Mace, it's being played out under very public scrutiny by a public who are inclined to see a word such as "safety" in press releases and immediately assume sprinkler systems or who see any apparent void in the external fabric of a building under construction as a logistical lapse and evidence of "over-run".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.