Spurs’ new stadium

City have no legal (or moral) obligation on this but I cannot feel that they are missing a trick.
If they refunded anyone who booked a train ticket to Euston between the match being announced by Sky and then Spurs making the stadium announcement (and who had a seasoncard number), they would be refunding, what, 500 people tops?
Cant see how that could have come to more than £30k.
The free coach down is a nice gesture but it is of no use to the person who now cannot make the Monday.

Does seem a strange thing to diminish goodwill of the most loyal supporters.

My ire is more with Spurs, however, but I suppose Levy would't want to chip in as he has irate supporters who have been severely put out and would want similar treatment.

On a slightly different note - says a lot about the league that the United/Everton match has been shifted as well.
What sort of league disturbs 4 sets of fans when one match has to be postponed?

So the next time another Club takes the piss should City pay again?

So the next time another Club takes the piss should City pay again?

I think Spurs SHOULD pay - but they wont.
I was just talking about the relatively small cost to City for the gesture.

I don't blame city for this. I blame the PL (pedantic rules) and Spurs for shocking execution.

It would have been right and proper for the Sunday game to have a subject to ground safety certificate warning before being confirmed by Sky - then it's a question of buyer beware. Once Sky announces a fixture then it is not unreasonable for supporters to book travel arrangements. Therefore I believe that the party responsible for the move should subsequently recieve some form of punishment and any supporters incurring non refundable costs should be compensated

As most have mentioned, should we beat Oxford we may have to play on the Thursday. Everyone has mentioned how this would effect us but what about the team we draw. A lower league team would be either have to play on the following Saturday....when most of their fans can get to a match or move it to a Sunday, dependant on police and of course the permission of the team they are playing. Financially that could have a big impact on them and if they cannot move the match, points wise it could be huge come the end of the season. This is all becasue one man has never been honest with the Premier League and his own fans. One man/club that has not faced any sanctions or reprimand. It ia right royal fuck up that affects at least 6 different clubs.

Why? Apart from our fans who are been fucked about mindlessly what can we complain about. When else do we play the game? If the pitch is not playable the game will be called off. Probably it will be a bit difficult but it is the same for both teams and will may help us more than Spurs. The Carabao game is a bit of a pain but we can field an entirely different team and probably still win assuming of course we actually get to the next round. Again sorry for our fans but no complaints otherwise it is what it is.

Why should we be messed about? far Too many exceptions being made. Spurs should forfeit the game and be deducted points. The blame for this lies Solely with them.

Why should we be messed about? far Too many exceptions being made. Spurs should forfeit the game and be deducted points. The blame for this lies Solely with them.
As I said fans should not be treated like this it is appaling. But from the football side of things it is perfectly managable. Lets get on with it.

It's a fucking disgrace.
Monday 29th at Wembley on a turnip patch.
Wembley ground staff will be working on the pitch for 20 hours pre-match. - It will still be a fucking Turnip Patch when it's finished.
City will provide free coach travel to the game. Really? Big wow!
What about those who had already bought train tickets and accommodation as the fixture had been announced for TV - normally a sign the game is going ahead.
CSKA all over again.
Though this time, City are as much a disgrace as Spurs by accepting this without Spurs paying through the nose.
the postponement is NOT an act of God.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.