Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the consensus is that Kane should be issued a retrospective red card for the leg breaker he attempted on Delph. Obviously it won't happen. Maybe karma that he injured himself. Spurs are a far better team without him so I'm a bit worried for the second leg now!

Really? You saw it as a deliberate attempt to break Delph’s leg? Kane was a fraction late, certainly. And it was a wholly unnecessarily robust challenge in the first instance. Definitely worthy of a yellow card.

But he didn’t aim for Delph’s leg. He didn’t go high. Or studs up. His foot landed in front of Delph because he was trying to block the ball. It was a collision. Entirely Kane’s fault for being late and going in so hard. But a deliberate attempt at a leg breaker? Not in a million years.

And no......though I know that it’s currently a popular train of thought, for some reason.........Spurs really aren’t a better team without Kane. Not to mention that his absence gives Poch fewer options off the bench.

I'd say Spurs will have a score on Saturday that'll be a long time being bettered in their new stadium. Huddersfield are going to get battered. I expect 4 minimum, 6 as a definite possibility, and more is an outside chance, Kane or no Kane. It's a pity that's the way the fixtures have fallen; would have been nice if they had a tough one.

I'd say Spurs will have a score on Saturday that'll be a long time being bettered in their new stadium. Huddersfield are going to get battered. I expect 4 minimum, 6 as a definite possibility, and more is an outside chance, Kane or no Kane. It's a pity that's the way the fixtures have fallen; would have been nice if they had a tough one.
Huddersfield have fuck all to lose and as we've seen in the past might get nasty if it looks like spurs are going to run up a big score. They'd be better off grabbing a couple early and playing the game out.

Yep. The scheduling, and our success so far in the FAC, has been a boost to them. They had a week's rest before the first leg and play on Saturday this weekend. Plus, the fact that they only play Hudds at home. They should win the Hudds game by HT

I return the compliment.

You will not see in your own players what you don't want to see. They're all angels. Okay.

Not saying that at all. You have a top player, in Eriikesen. He isn't dirty. I'm sure he's mistimed a few tackles in his time, but haven't they all.
Ronaldo and Messi don't run round leaving studs on people. Sure they have injured players, but that is part and parcel of the game.
You stated that all the top players, have a nasty streak in them. It just isn't true.

Not saying that at all. You have a top player, in Eriikesen. He isn't dirty. I'm sure he's mistimed a few tackles in his time, but haven't they all.
Ronaldo and Messi don't run round leaving studs on people. Sure they have injured players, but that is part and parcel of the game.
You stated that all the top players, have a nasty streak in them. It just isn't true.
Ronaldo has a nasty and petualant streak in him. Messi is pretty calm unless he faces Ramos, but that fella could start a fight in an empty room

Really? You saw it as a deliberate attempt to break Delph’s leg? Kane was a fraction late, certainly. And it was a wholly unnecessarily robust challenge in the first instance. Definitely worthy of a yellow card.

But he didn’t aim for Delph’s leg. He didn’t go high. Or studs up. His foot landed in front of Delph because he was trying to block the ball. It was a collision. Entirely Kane’s fault for being late and going in so hard. But a deliberate attempt at a leg breaker? Not in a million years.

And no......though I know that it’s currently a popular train of thought, for some reason.........Spurs really aren’t a better team without Kane. Not to mention that his absence gives Poch fewer options off the bench.
Kane has previous against us. He tried to do KDB at our place last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.