Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Quick question : i was working during the match... When KDB came on as sub did he fall into a false 9 or centre forward?

Just looked at the line ups there, was wondering about the formation when Julien came off. Cheers.

Quite possibly but it’s the player’s instinct to get the ball over the line in the heat of the moment. Especially if he believes he’s onside.
Yes I'm certainly not criticising young Oscar who showed admirable instincts and reactions. I remember an incident at Anfield when "Trent" clearly handled the ball and Sergio joined in an appeal when it seemed easier to stick the ball in the onion bag! Needless to say we didn't get the penalty, Liverpool went up the other end and scored. Oscar wasn't taking any chances.

fair enough you saw more than rest of us, Rodders is the best on earth in his position, but probably because of how consistent and exceptional Fernandinho was in that role and Rodders slow transition into his role i saw the quality but because physically he’s a different build to Fern and initially appeared slower than the great man i was a slight bit sceptical wether he’d take that role as he later did, basically after that i made a conscious decision to just simply say if Pep believes it then i’m onboard, that’s me default setting now, i mean arguably coulda just had that opinion from the get go considering Peps’s the greatest manager there’s been, like most of us we know our football and we know our club but why second guess the greatest?
I remember some of our fans saying 'Rodri's too slow - players just run past him'. I didn't see it like that - I saw a player with metronomic passing accuracy, strong in the tackle and able to drop back like an extra CB. To me, he improved from what was a good start. The personality has a lot to do with it - a dominant character and likewise Dias - you don't often see that confidence from a player that age. Some fans are making knee-jerk comments about Gvardiol. Gvardiol is a Rolls Royce of a player - and still incredibly young with years of improvement left.

Quick question : i was working during the match... When KDB came on as sub did he fall into a false 9 or centre forward?

Just looked at the line ups there, was wondering about the formation when Julien came off. Cheers.
Kev played on the right of Foden who played a false 9. Sometimes he played on the right, others he dropped into midfield as a No 10.

We're so fluid, it's difficult to pigeon hole players into specific positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.