Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Peps front three starts were Bobb, Alvarez and Foden, three youngsters who ran, chased, pressed and harried the big Spurs defence until they ran out of steam and started to make mistakes.

KdB was brought on when there was more time and space to influence the game and Doku with his pace to run at and beyond the Spuds back line. Doku lost the ball several times around their goal line but stood watching or jogged back instead of sprinting and fighting to recover the ball. No excuse even when coming back from injury. Probably his worst game for us.
Hmmm I watched the game back and although he wasn't good generally, he did some good things too. Every time he got the ball, he had at least 2/3 men swarming around him, thus opening up the inside slightly.

Last edited:
I’m talking generally.. VAR should not be used for off sides where someone’s nipple is deemed to be offside as it’s not clear and obvious. I’d bin VAR personally as it’s not brought many if any but if it has to be used then not for marginal offside decisions
VAR is mainly used to activate Howard Webb, so he can send out a generically produced notice of apology to...........(insert robbed club name)

I enjoyed my first ever FA Cup away game with City, and my first away day in many a year.

The Spurs stadium is pretty nice, it's modern and i had a decent sausage roll. I was on the the 3rd tier and found it odd that there was no toilets or lager up the far left end, and you had to join the scrum around the main bar area. Odd. Otherwise the pitch view was good and it sounds good due to the acoustics.

City atmosphere was great, most people really getting involved. A shame that many that tried to get tickets on here couldn't while some people around me who clearly didn't support City did, I guess one of the prices of success is the increase of tickets to other sales avenues. Couple of empty seats but as i learnt, people can stand anywhere really so maybe it was that.

The smoking in the bogs was hilarious, was like walking through a housefire in the toilets on level 3. People openly smoking in the stands and bumping coke is a new one on me too!!

Getting away from the actual stadium is a bit odd, the signage is a bit crap/contradictory, but the queue for an overland train at WHL went down really quick as the trains are big and every 10 mins.

There was supposed to be a light show before the game but it just seemed to be dimming the bulbs! Even though ours are a bit cheesy at least there’s some effort put into it.

Stayed at Welwyn Garden City because it was cheap. Strange town but the hotel was next to the train station so handy. If I get the chance to go again I won’t be doing that walk from/to Seven Sisters, bloody miles away.

Hmmm I watched the game back and although he wasn't good generally, he did some good things too. Every time he got the ball, he had at least 2/3 men swarming around him, thus opening up the inside slightly.
His best period of the game was last minute or so when he was very good at getting corners and running the clock down, otherwise he looked erratic. Could see what Peps thinking was though.

I remember some of our fans saying 'Rodri's too slow - players just run past him'. I didn't see it like that - I saw a player with metronomic passing accuracy, strong in the tackle and able to drop back like an extra CB. To me, he improved from what was a good start. The personality has a lot to do with it - a dominant character and likewise Dias - you don't often see that confidence from a player that age. Some fans are making knee-jerk comments about Gvardiol. Gvardiol is a Rolls Royce of a player - and still incredibly young with years of improvement left.
big fan Gvardial he has all the physical characteristics to be the best left back/ left sided centre back on earth in few years, raw talent, only 22 give the lad 18months more under the guidance of Pep & he’ll be elite

Putting my neck on the line, in terms of sheer ability he reminds me of a very young Maldini.

Blimey…quite a statement there bud.

Slightly annoying he’s been played out of position all this while & has to bide his time & simply happy to play matches wherever.

Obvious to see he’s no orthodox left back & does occasionally get caught out against traditional wingers who can have a go at him. Not his fault as his physical attributes scream out CB but is eye for a pass is what Pep loves.

Think Pep prefers to play Ake alongside him to make up for Josko getting caught up field & used as athletic cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.