Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I can see Liverpool and Chelsea mate and it’s a bloody good job they’re shite too because if they weren’t we wouldn’t be where we are. I don’t watch City expecting us to win anything at all, ever. It’s fantastic that we have won titles but what I expect is effort and I’m not seeing it. We’ve earned every title we’ve won by playing well, by having drive and by not giving up.

I understand we can call it a transitional season but what are we transitioning to? I don’t see anything new here in our patterns of play apart from slow, predictable negative football. It looks like they aren’t arsed.

Please don’t read my post as though I’m coming from an entitled position, I’m not, I’m just not happy that we’ve got a very, very good team that is consistently underperforming. Why weren’t they fired up today? The result yesterday gave us a real opportunity and we didn’t do ourselves justice at all.

Ah right you think the best manager ever can’t sort it!? Oh and you want a manager who will win the league every season!

In general us fans have been spoiled and why 1 loss it’s the end of the world! These years under pep may never be bettered!

I also understand where you’re coming from, but how sure are we that the play is indicative of a lost dressing room and not the complacency that usually comes with winning so much? How can you conclude that the World Cup has not had a detrimental effect on us when we had the most players in Qatar in the league?

I apologize for being rude initially, I should’ve just suggested to you that maybe you should consider the other possible mitigating factors in what has been essentially a one-off season. Gundogan was devastated after the exit, no doubt Bernardo and Ruben were frustrated that their tournament was interrupted by Ronaldo’s circus, and KDB was and has seemed moody since then. Spain were shell shocked and Netherlands tournament ended bitterly after the exhilaration of a last minute equalizer to go to extra time. All out of Pep’s control.

In my experience, complacency can look like downed tools. I do not believe that to be the case.
Lots of other clubs had WC players returning after poor WC but ours have been sooooo poor. Maybe not WC?, Maybe sold wrong players... And not recruited right ones?

I honestly think the league has gone we’re not on the ball too inconsistent,
FA cup is looking more important game by game,
The champions league I’ve no clue but have a feeling regarding this pot this as this season is panning out.

Awful ball by Rodri. Complete lack of attacking until far to late. Spurs very good at taking it in turns to do sly fouls. Referee was weak and sent a lad of 5 mins to go so it looks like he was competent.
I don’t get the rush with Rico, to play him week in week seems counter productive decent full back but not in midfield he passes back and sidewards to often got pushed off it a few times today and misplaced the ball.
Grealish is wasted on the side in our current malaise, he should be in the middle driving with ball he is the only one who looks capable of beating a man.
The team is very one paced and Haaland is marked by three by the time we have finished passing it side to side whilst allowing the opposition to get back into shape.
I thought today was the day to put a marker down instead it was another day where we drop a bollock at the back by overplaying and have to break down a flat back 10.

Guys, forget about the title. It ain’t happening. Team’s playing this bad don’t win leagues. We aren’t going to suddenly turn into the centurions with a wave of a magic wand. Like I’ve said, 2nd would be a decent finish for this current side and hopefully with a cup as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.